“Watch out!”

Ranked #20 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Garneau
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Avoid the "Montreal smoked meat." It's nothing like the real thing. They probably sell some decent food, but it's generally overpriced. They have a great rep in Edmonton, so maybe that's made them complacent.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were in the area because we were originally planning to go The Sugar Bowl, another restaurant on the same block. However it was extremely busy. So we ended up going here instead. The atmosphere was cozy and relaxed and the food was amazing!!! The portions were rather large but manageable. The turkey soup I had was excellent and the staff were very friendly!
There was even art on the walls!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped here for a late night supper with teens, etc. The food was fresh and more interesting than typical diner food--I had two choices of meals featuring spinach! The servings are generous, lots of taste and a relaxed, not junky or greasy atmosphere. Noticed several people getting take out even at this later hour. Apparently, according to my university student advisor, it really hops over the lunch hour, and other more popular times.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is our favorite breakfast, or brunch place in Edmonton. The service is always great, and the food is always as it should be.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've eaten here three times in the last week. My highest recommendation right now is the black bean chili, topped with melted cheese and chaperoned with cornbread. Good choices for table wines. Moosewood-style food. Has a menu that hasn't changed for years, maybe decades, but also more adventurous daily specials. Packed for breakie on Saturday mornings. I see lines as I go to my office on Saturdays so it must be good. (Haven't tried myself.) Ukrainian food available on Thursdays.