“Delicious homemade food”

Neighborhood: Garneau
Norman Wells
“Delicious homemade food”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

It was my first time here and I thoroughly enjoyed the food. Everything was home made and original. I had the veggie burger (lentils, barley, etc) and a side Thai noodle salad. It was SO good with the right amount of seasoning, texture, taste, and smell. My spouse had the special which was pesto chicken. He enjoyed his meal immensely and commented on the salad that came with it. Fresh greens, candied almonds, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries in some sort if light dressing that complimented the whole meal. If I were to be critical, it would have to be on the service. You really are left on your own alot. Was expecting the server to come back after our first few bites and ask us how it was. Not as attentive as I would have liked. Seemed a bit on the shy side so that might have been the issue. Waited to get the bill and ended up just going to the till. We would still go back though!

• Visited February 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Mediocre at Best”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was recently in Edmonton with colleagues and the 6 of us decided to spend our last night eating out. We ended up at this place because the other restaurant we wanted to visit was booked up. We were seated without too much fuss, but the service was very amateurish. I think our server had never really learned how to wait a table and was clumsy, fussy, and reaching left, right, and centre to try and serve the table. The food selection was broad (caution here), but several of my group were happy with what they ordered. I had lasagne that wasn't horrible, but was bland and watery. A Safeway ready meal lasagne would probably have been tastier. Once our main meals arrived (which took a long time), we were virtually ignored and we had to eventually call the server over to get our check. There is nothing about this place that would tempt me back when there are better options in the area.

• Visited January 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Still in touch !”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was an eye opening for us to come back to Upper Crust after 20 plus years… totally different layout, lots more fancy and even the original owner semi-retired…
Years back , as poor students my sister and I always wait 2 for one dinner , since we loved to have fancy food but the least price that we could afforded.:) . Today we are here to celebrate an old professor also as a dear friend for her 70th birthday, the foods were so hearty good, they caved all fresh fruits into all decoration flowers, snacking before the main Couse can be tricky tasting art works, menu came in catering style and the heavenly cake was pineapple coconut (I have never charm by sweet, but I had a whole piece :).
That was the amazing night for us, I was so glad to see all the friends whom I have not been able to get in touch for years… After this party I will definitely come back for dinner again even it is a way out …When you are in Edmonton Old Garneau (Location is East of the University campus) it is worth to check in here for a nice lunch or a relaxing fine dinner dining.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Back again!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

After enjoying an evening meal here, we chose to come back for brunch. The restaurant was very busy as always, and we were once again served by a very friendly waitress. Between the two of us, we had eggs benedict, an omelette and some pancakes (we were celebrating so treated ourselves to lots of food!). The coffee is unlimited which is great too. The food was amazing, being from Europe, I'm used to very different bacon from what I'm used to getting in Edmonton, however the bacon here was just like back home which means much less fat and much more tasty! The meal was excellent and I was very full when we left.

We also bought a cake to take home with us as they have an incredible selection of cakes, desserts and bread which are fresh and delicious.

Once again a fantastic visit, I'm surprised with how few people rate this place considering how busy it has been both times that we visited!

We will be back again I'm sure.

• Visited November 2013
Wolfville, Canada
“Can accommodate larger groups”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a business group of 12, and we had excellent service and the food was very tasty. I had one of the evening specials, a pork tenderloin with a wine sauce, potatoes, asparagus and salad. Those sitting around me were also positive about their meals. We were a noisy group, and the sound travels because of the open space, so I kept hoping no one was there for a romantic dinner. While I didn't order dessert, I had the chance to try some which others ordered and it was very good (especially the Sticky Toffee Pudding).

• Visited September 2013