“A Nice Varied Menu”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: 96 St.
Transit: Public Transit available on 82 Avenue at 96 Street
Description: Unheardof has been serving quietly elegant and eclectic cuisine to Edmontonians for 30 years. Our menu, which changes regularly, is increasingly local, regional and seasonal - a balance between the familiar and the innovative. We do our best to accommodate most dietary needs - celiac, vegetarian, and heart healthy. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary all year long, partnering with the Edmonton Food bank with our dollar a diner program and giving everyone who orders our regularly priced prix fixe menu a 30 in 30 certificate ($30 off a regularly priced entree within 30 days). Order a la carte or prix fixe (tapas, any starter, sorbet, any entree, any dessert) at $70 per guest. Arrive by 6pm (and if your table is available for rebooking by 7:30 pm, that price becomes an amazing $55) Plus there is no better spot to plan your special function - business or personal. We have two private dining rooms and decades of experience in helping make your occasions special
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was our first time to visit this restaurant. The atmosphere is that of old British Monarchy with old pictures, some antique furniture and subdued lighting. This is interesting but feels a bit stodgy and gloomy to me. That aside, the menu was varied and the offer three courses for $70.00. We could choose a starter( appetizer, soup or salad) a main course and dessert. The menu notably accommodates for allergies and gluten concerns. I opted for the soup and it was amazingly good, probably the best I have ever had. The shrimp and scallop laid in the bowl and the server poured the creamy veloute over it. I opted for the bison for my main course, done medium rare and perfectly. I am not a big eater, but to be honest, it was a pretty tiny portion. The veggies accompanying it were varied but lacked flavour. My husband had halibut, very tasty and served nicely, but tiny portion. Desserts were good. The wine list was thoughtful and it was nice to see support for a Canadian wine.

3  Thank Verdellehein

Reviewed March 29, 2014

With all the very positive reviews, we were excited to dine at this restaurant. Unfortunately, our dinner out was very average while the price point top end. By no means do we mind spending top dollar on fine dining but his restaurant under delivers while having no problem charging you for it!
Firstly we seemed rushed to order our meals. When the courses arrived they all lacked presentation and flavor (with the exception of the lobster bisque). We were was surprised at the extremely small portions that just lacked flair. There were very few items that we would consider to be fine dining!
The service was also just ok. We felt rushed to order our meals, tableware and empty glasses were not cleared between courses. Not a big deal but at this level of restaurant we expected a higher level of service. Again ..It wasn't, it was just ok. If this restaurant is going to position themselves as a high end fine dining restaurant, then they have a few core items that they need to work on.

3  Thank BTLove2Travel
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Every meal we have here is consistently divine from start to finish. First of all the relaxed no rush atmosphere sets the tone for an evening of fine dining. The servers are the best and the food is incredible. We travel around the world and eat in some the best of the best places and feel this restaurant is Edmonton's gift to us. Reservations are a very good idea especially on weekends.

2  Thank kpatters
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Make a reservation for this restaurant!! We were celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary and gave this restaurant a try for the first time and we will definitely return. We felt comfortable and at ease from the moment we entered the establishment. The décor was English monarch themed and had many portraits and pictures distributed throughout the restaurant. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly and didn't mind answering any questions we had. Great ambiance with "elevator music, according to my hubby, but music I thoroughly enjoyed . We were seated promptly and never once felt rushed. The menu has a good variety from starters to entrees, to desserts and each choice we selected was excellent. Our waiter made sure we knew the ingredients regarding the Portobello Mushroom starter we both ordered. The chef adjusted one serving to accommodate our wishes. The servings were ample and delicious. Texture was perfect for the beef tenderloin. My chicken dish was also perfect.

Our anniversary celebration was a definite fine dining experience and we will return again. Thank you Unheardof.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The service is outstanding. The food is outstanding. I can find nothing
to complain about at all. I will definitely return here for my next special
occasion.