“For that special evening out”
Review of Unheardof - CLOSED

Unheardof
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: 96 St.
Transit: Public Transit available on 82 Avenue at 96 Street
Description: Unheardof has been serving quietly elegant and eclectic cuisine to Edmontonians for 30 years. Our menu, which changes regularly, is increasingly local, regional and seasonal - a balance between the familiar and the innovative. We do our best to accommodate most dietary needs - celiac, vegetarian, and heart healthy. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary all year long, partnering with the Edmonton Food bank with our dollar a diner program and giving everyone who orders our regularly priced prix fixe menu a 30 in 30 certificate ($30 off a regularly priced entree within 30 days). Order a la carte or prix fixe (tapas, any starter, sorbet, any entree, any dessert) at $70 per guest. Arrive by 6pm (and if your table is available for rebooking by 7:30 pm, that price becomes an amazing $55) Plus there is no better spot to plan your special function - business or personal. We have two private dining rooms and decades of experience in helping make your occasions special
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For that special evening out”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Well prepared, time between courses, like a well prepared European meal. Cozy and appealing atmosphere.

1 Thank Margriet T

Calgary, Canada
“Overall - Good but not great”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A group of us in their "private dining room" which turned out to be a section of the restaurant with multiple tables and us as the only diners there. We could hear the group down the hall and also the servers in their work area... hardly private. The service was very attentive and the food arrived hot and nicely plated. The menu selected was for three courses at a fixed price which the server promptly shared... not necessary for a business dinner when the majority of diners were guests. Without that comment, I would have rated service as "excellent". From this first visit to the restaurant, I would likely come back however I would not make it a special occasion destination.

• Visited February 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“An experience”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a truly gourmet restaurant and the best place for a special occasion. The food is unsurpassable and the ambiance is fantastic. This should be a must for anyone who enjoys a great meal.

2 Thank Bonnie I
Victoria, Canada
“Really wanted to like it”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I choose Unheardof for my birthday dinner because I had never been there in the 30 years it has open. We chose the table d'hôte which gave us 3 courses for $55 each as we arrived at 530 pm and left by 730 pm. The duck in my duck salad was sadly invisible and overwhelmed by the feta. Same for the Gorgonzola with my bison tenderloin. I did not change the medium rare recommendation for my meat, though my husband asked if his beef tenderloin could be on the 'medium' side of the medium rare. Both our entrees were starkly rare. Yes, we could of sent them back for more cooking, but I always find it awkward and there was a generous portion we could eat around. Vegetables were more tough than crisp. Overall, just a tad disappointing, like we we just chose the wrong item on the menu.

• Visited January 2013
canada
“Love this place”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My second time there and still awesome. We went on a weekday and it was very quite. Excellent service and food. Yep it is pricey BUT worth it! Great ambience.

• Visited December 2012