“no variety”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Calgary, Canada
“no variety”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

not much of a menu. Only Red meat dishes were available. Asked if there is anything else for those who cant take red meat. With all other places closed in the area and we not from toen, they said no. They were quite polite but unaccommodating we being with small kids.

Visited July 2012

Edmonton, Canada
“Wow. Not good.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Tonight we were greeted by a very nice hostess, and led to our table by a very nice young man. The hostess told the young man to let our server know we had been seated, which he very promptly did. He also let her know that we had indicated that we were already ready to order, having planned our meal ahead of time (with little ones we waste no time getting our order in). The server immediately began complaining that noone let her know, apologizing to us and blaming the other staff for our wait, that "they were supposed to tell her" - WHILE WE WERE STILL TAKING THE COATS OFF OUR KIDS! She took our order, brought our beverages, and we didn't see her again until she came with our food. In the meantime, my coffee had spilled, and without any staff in sight, I cleaned the table with all the napkins we could find and took them into the back to garbage them myself. The staff member drinking pop in the hall to the kitchen didn't even raise an eyebrow. When the server did come with our food, which was definitely frshly cooked but no longer as hot as it should have been, there was no offer of refills. I asked for one, and when she came back with the carafe saw my empty cup across the table commented that I'd put it out of reach (not unfriendly, just assuming it was away from the kids). I explained that we'd had a spill and she did not say a word. I had to ask for every refill that we recieved, 2 for me and one for my hubby - and I seriously felt like I had to explain her job to her. (Ie. when you refill the coffee, check to see if cream and sugar are needed). The icing on the cake though was the conversation that she tried to hold with another staff member, in plain earshot, complaining of a woman that had phoned and tried to get a Monday night reservation for New Year's Eve. Apperantly, she was pretty rude to that lady too, from the way she told it... maybe "Miles" doesn't give anyone reservations either, but I would never expect to be spoken to in the manner she described by a staff member at a resteraunt that wanted my business.... but then again, maybe that's why the place was so empty.

• Visited December 2012
Sweden
“The best ribplace in town”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We went there with friends for a nice meal of juicy ribs, as we remember them back many years ago.
The place is a bit run-down and in need of a renovation, but the quality of meat and cooking skills is top notch and you will not leave the place disappointed.
Try the Original Baby Back Ribs and you are likely to come back for more.

• Visited June 2012
Sherwood Park
“DISAPPOINTING”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to the Calgary Trail and 51 Ave location, it is dirty, unfriendly staff and poor quality of food, amazing how different locations can vary so much in food quality.... will never go to this location again!

Visited January 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Mediocre food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I mistakenly had the rib special and was not informed about the prime rib special also being run. Our meal was quick to arrive but over cooked and not to the usual standard.

Visited December 2012