“I Finally Made it....”

Neighborhood: Central McDougall
Edmonton, Alberta
“I Finally Made it....”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have heard about this place for years and I finally made it there. It was a special occasion so we started with Chinese Spring Rolls (not your usual) and Green Onion Cakes that were amazing. Then we split Szechuan Beef, Crispy Lemon Chicken (one the meals I had heard so much about), Cantonese Chow Mein, Fried Rice and Szechuan Shrimp. None of the meals disappointed me. They were delicious and the portions were so huge everyone got portions to take home. We were all too full to try any dessert.

• Visited May 2013

Ontario
“Threw It Out”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Ordered take out.

The egg rolls were gigantic and tasted nothing like a traditional egg roll - there wasn't enough plum sauce in the world to make these edible. The spare ribs were gristle, the fried rice bland. The sweet and sour chicken was passable - the chicken balls were top quality meat but the sauce was waTery and weak.

There was one thing which puts them above all others - price - I'd guess 20% higher than most.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank SCleghorn
Edmonton, Canada
“Overrated”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food is ok but it's not much different then you would get at any other North Americanized Chinese food restaurant. The prices are higher (we pay about 20% more for the same food as other similar places). If you don't mind salty - Ami's chicken (Dry spicy chicken) is quite good.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank edfoodcritic
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent and Authentic Chinese Food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have visited many times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. Décor is lovely---old style Chinese.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ray R
New York City, New York
“Take out was great!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Ordered take out. It came fast and was delicious ! My wife and daughter loved the rice, chow mein and vegetable dishes. I loved the beef!!!

1 Thank Ptone777