“Great prices on bottles of wine!”
Review of The Free Press Bistro - CLOSED

The Free Press Bistro
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were staying at the Holiday Inn and due to the cold and snow, ate here two nights in a row. Each night we had a bottle of wine at a great price. Husband had the schnizel and I had the sandwich special (tomato soup="the" soup and smoked salmon pressed sandwich). Portions were huge, and we both had the schnizel (sp?) the 2nd night (with another bottle of wine.) Great to be warm and look out at the people in the cold waiting for the bus! Service great, for dinner there's only 1 bartender/wait person but they were fine each night.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had lunch here the other day. We hit the bistro right at the hight of lunch hour so we had to wait for a table but as soon as we were seated we were out within 35 minutes. Sandwhiches were tasty and hearty. I enjoyed how they used a lemon dill aioli in place of mayo on alot of their fare, just gave everything a bit of a kick to it. The signature soup was really good as well. Service was quick and friendly. Not much else I could ask of a sandwhich shop.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

If you like sandwiches you will be pleased! They have a large selection of those and I admit I hadn't seen such a large selection in a long time! I had the pulled pork with a side of russian potato salad. Excellent! Don't expect a high scale meal because this is not the place for it but the food is honest and it serves its purpose: eating...

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I ate here for lunch. We had the daily special, which was a meatball and mozzarella wrap with soup (which my daughter substituted for fries). Truthfully, she should have kept the soup, as the fries were not worth it.

Others at the table got the lamb souvlaki panini (DELICIOUS!), which came with a salad, and the Mongolian beef panini. This was DELICIOUS as well.

I would definitely go back to this restaurant if in the area again, and would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Cynderella43
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Food was great! Servings plentiful and good value. Limited menu but you are sure to find something you like.