“Very nice ambiance” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Creperie

The Creperie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Creperie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #469 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 102 Ave
Transit: Close to subway and bus stops
Edmonton, Canada
“Very nice ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have always enjoyed The Creperie. The food is divine and the service is good. But the decor is quite dated. It looks the exact same way it did 25 years ago.

Alberta, Canada
“Flavorless uncooked crepes”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The crepes are not cooked enough and they are not done the French way despite branding a French name, they have an American flavor (or rather, flavorless). In addition, I was sick every time the following day. I won't go back if I can avoid it.

Edmonton
“Temporarily forgotten but rekindled affection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have not been to the Creperie in many years. It was one of our favorites but for whatever reason we have been going to other places to eat. We decided to return for lunch during a week we decided to visit a new restaurant for lunch each day during a week I had off in February. Very fond memories flooded back. Very quaint and romantic. Very peaceful ambiance. Excellent variety on the menu and not at all expensive. We each had the 3 course lunch meal deal . Very practical and economic. No rush to go from here. We will definitely be back.

Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good for date night or out with the girls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was my first visit to The Creperie in recent memory, and I went with my mother and 2 other ladies. It was a Thursday evening around 630 and the place was fairly empty so it was nice and quiet.

It's definitely a charming, cozy restaurant that makes you feel at home and yet somewhere special at the same time; even the bathroom feels like a spa or salon! Seating layout by grouping some tables in semi-private areas adds to that feeling, and the lighting is a little dim but just enough to take the edge off bright lights (it was still easy to read the menu and see the food, just slightly dimmed). Our server was friendly but not chummy like at a sports bar, and came by just often enough for our needs and wasn't hovering. You can tell they have experience.

We all opted for the 'set menu' or 3 course meal (forgot the name) for about $40/pp, which included a salad, entree crepe, and dessert crepe. I had the Pear and Blue Cheese salad which was lovely, and the other ladies had California and Mimosa, and all were raved about. The crepe selections sounded unusual as I'm used to them being dessert, but I had the Stroganoff crepe and it was delicious - the beef was tender, the gravy was flavourful and not overly salty, and the sides were a nice complement (rice and veggies). Thepresentation of the food was good and it was just the right amount for hungry people.

I do remember thinking it's a place I'd like to bring my husband to on a date; he likes culinary experiences and I don't think he's tried something like this before. I think couples could have a lovely romantic dinner here, or a nice gathering with the ladies. It doesn't strike me as a family place, though you could bring your children. It's a little pricier than a casual restaurant, being similar in price to Milestone's or The Keg.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“Not just for romance.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

A friend and I were looking for a place to go on a Sunday night to catch up and enjoy a relaxing dining experience. We walked in with no reservation and were seated immediately. Our hostess was pleasant and efficient.
Our server was Alysia and she was lovely. She was there when we needed her and extremely patient when we had trouble deciding on which items we wanted to order.
We spent about 3-4 hours there and never felt rushed or like we were an inconvenience.
The food was delicious and it was the perfect place to spend an evening.

• Visited February 2013