“Excellent”

Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Loved the food :)
Can't comment about the price cause it was free (drug rep dinner), then again, free food always tastes extra good ;)

Tucson
“Wonderful food, intimiate atmostphere”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

This is one of the smaller restaurants I have been to in a long time but it is a real gem! I think at max they could seat 40 people but there were plenty of servers so everyone got lots of care and the atmosphere is very charming and classy. We were greeted at the door by the host -- she hung our jackets in a closet at the entrance like one would at home. The quality of the food and service was exceptional. We all opted for the 3-course meal which was plenty of food. I recommend reservations and to go there for a special event!

• Visited January 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent food, superb service”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

With my wife and another couple we had a fabuous experience. The Blue Pear offers (as well as other choices) a 5 course meal with optional wine pairing which all 4 of us chose. All of the dishes which we selected were fabulous and presented with care, the wines paired well and the service impeccable. The timing of service was extremely well judged. This 4 1/2 hour experience was not just a meal but a well priced evenings entertainment. Make sure you go with good friends for the best meal ever.

• Visited October 2011
St. Albert
“You will always find a delightful, varied menu at the Blue Pear.”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We went with our family of 4 for my husband's birthday. Half of us chose the 3 course menu and half chose the 5 course menu. My husband and I opted for the 3 wine parings although you can get a 5 wine paring with the 5 course menu. The autumn harvest soup was very tasty made with local produce. The waitress is very knowledge about wines and always explains why they chose this particular wine with this course. The menu is always changing according to the season. You will typically have a chose of a poultry, beef, fish or vegetarian option. It is more expensive than the average restaurant, but it is well worth it.

• Visited October 2011
EdmontonFoodie, Manager at The Blue Pear, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are very lucky to have someone as knowledgeable as Kim on the Blue Pear team. Hope to see you again soon.
Edmonton, Canada
“Good Food, Limited Menu”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have heard good things about this restaurant from some friends, so decided to try it out. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall, in an unusual location of town, across the street from a pawn shop! Unless you specifically go there for the restaurant, you would miss it driving by. You have to ring a door bell to get in - probably a good idea given the less than ideal part of town it is located in. The night we were there, someone threw a rock at the large glass window at the front of the restaurant!

The dining room is small but did not feel crowded. Lots of space between tables. Decor a bit bland. Service was ok. Food was very tasty but the menu is very limited. It is a fixed menu with only 4 main courses to choose from. Although I liked the food, I felt that I really did not have a lot of options and probably would not go back as when I dine out, I like a restaurant that has more than 4 main courses to pick from!

• Visited November 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback! I do apologize for the incident with the rock hitting the window on the night you dined with us. It was an isolated incident and I can assure you that we have not experienced anything of the sort in the past. We like the doorbell because it allows us to properly greet you as your arrive. (I can see how you might have perceived it differently though.)

I am sorry to hear that you feel that the choices are limited. Our chef does change the menu approximately once a month so we do offer up to 168 new menu items annually. I would recommend for you to watch for our menu changes and come back when there is an entree that intrigues you. Hope to see you soon!