“a pleasant atmosphere and very good food”

Thai Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #692 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Calgary Trail South
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I recently tried this restaurant on Gateway Boulevard for the first time. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, and the food is very good. I especially enjoyed a spicy tofu vegetarian dish that we ordered. They had run out of the Masaman curry and the chicken curry that we ordered was not memorable. But I would definitely return to sample other items on their menu.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

If you are looking for great Thai food and a friendly family run restaurant Thai Orchid is the place to go. My husband and I eat here monthly. It is a south Edmonton gem. You know you are getting authentic Thai food when the portions are not too large and they are full of freshly cut meat and vegetables. We have eaten in Thai restaurants all over North America and Thai Orchid rates among the best. Thai food is meant to be savored and this is the place to experience authentic Thai food. Try Thai beer to compliment the Thai experience.

1  Thank kpatters
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I have been to Thai Orchid restaurant in Edmonton.
I had ordered 5 dishes Phad Thai,curry and cashew nut chicken.All dishes are reall Thai taste. Food was served very fast. Nice restaurant I will come back to order the same set. Thank you...yummy..

1  Thank natta09
Reviewed March 27, 2011

The food I would say was average for Thai.
Like most Thai restaurants in town, this one was no exception for being well overpriced but this particular restaurant's portion sizes seem to better suited for oompa loompas.
Be fore warned.
BTW the view of Gateway Blvd from the restaurant is second to none.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

This hidden jem is absolutely rates in the top two Thai food experiences in Edmonton and for value number one. This family is right from Thailand and the service is friendliest you can have. The meals are authentic as we have had in our travels to Thailand. We highly recommend you try this out for dinner, the lunch menu is a little small at this time as people have yet to learn of this gem. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank Naramata99