“Memorable on many levels” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Syrtaki Greek Island Restaurant - CLOSED

Syrtaki Greek Island Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Edmonton, Canada
“Memorable on many levels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have been here a number of times, and always had a lovely meal. But my most memorable experience of this restaurant occurred a few years ago when I was in charge of planning a teachers appreciation lunch. We couldn't have had better service from the staff. They handled and prepared an amazing lunch for 55, which we picked up and took to the school.They also provided a few free bonus side dishes and extra garlic toast. The teachers are still raving about that lunch to this day. I never really thanked them properly for the wonderful service,and succulent food they worked so hard to prepare that day.I hope this helps.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Hairbrained

Edmonton, Canada
“A great place to try for Greek cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

Went to Syrtaki for a birthday dinner, honestly it wasn't my first choice, I had driven by the place hundreds of times and disregarded it as an old resturant that probably only catered to "blue hairs" the place looked like it hadn't been renovated in 15 years. All I can say is wow was I wrong, about the food anyway, it was amazing and the server was attentive and very helpful in making menu choices. place was virtually empty on the friday night that we went which I found rather odd, I talked to our waitress and she said that the resturant dosen't advertise and relies mostly on word of mouth to get by. If your like me and have driven by lots and never stopped in, it's definitely worth a try. Be sure to try the fammbe'd goat cheese, a great starter!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank serge s
Edmonton, Canada
“One of my favorite's in Edmonton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

I make it a point to eat here every time I am in Edmonton. Food is awesome, just like we ate in Greece. We have truly never had a bad experience here, and we have been coming for many years now.

Edmonton
“don't do it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

The food was microwaved I think that says enough.
Not worth the time, money or disappointment.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Was good food but lately...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

Was good food but lately seems not up to par. Ribs had a lot of fat on them - fish platter had lots of fried fish.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook