“Great food and Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes
Ranked #111 of 2,393 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
“Great food and Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We ended up at a great table for people watching!
Food was fresh and hot, just what we were looking for!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Cera B

Viking, Canada
“Busy and loud- Fun place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Great food, very busy. Good staff. Live entertainment.

Visited March 2012

1 Thank HughyN
Calgary, Canada
“Good Pub Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Good fish & chips (as long as Dave's making them). Very good steak & mushroom pie (with puff pastry, mmmm.) Pizza was good, but thought they cheaped out with an extra dollar charge for hot sauce. The beef dip would have been good had they not used a mushy-when-wet hamburger-like bun. (Yes, I visited several times over the course of a couple of months when business brought me to Edmonton.) Good selection of beers and if you're a sports fan, you will appreciate the LCD TVs scattered liberally throughout.
Nice, friendly spot, not fine dining - it's pub food - and better than most.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Calgary68
Winnipeg
“Contemplative Redemption”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

I was in Edmonton for the weekend and staying at the Westin on 100th St. Let me paint this for you: I arrived into the city Thursday night with an empty stomach. I looked out my hotel room and noticed a neon red sign and a small english cottage house right in the middle of downtown. The connivence of this was tempting. You see, I have this attachment to pubs and was naturally drawn to this compact hole-in-the-wall dive. As I walk in I am hit with an overwhelming smell of brews on tap, and food that comforts you like that english grandmother you never had. I'm excited. Unfortunately, my party and I ordered a fairly standard affair and finished our meals with questions of whether our taste buds had been physically removed from our mouths. Bad service, and bad food that took 40 min to arrive. Okay, so I'm tearing Sherlock apart here. But, the next night my party and I returned to give the establishment a fighting chance before I write this review. So what happened? Well I asked each member of my party to describe their feelings in three words or less. This is what they said, "Oh, My, Gosh", "Tender, Moist, Flavorful", "I'll Be Back". To our surprise there was a complete turn around in the food and service. Good service, good food. The conclusion: Sherlock Holmes is an average pub. In the restaurant business, having one substandard night is extremely risky. Every service needs to be thought of as its last one ever. If you are staying at the Westin and need an easy meal, sure, Sherlock Holmes should be fine. If you have just an ounce of ambition, look for something else.

1 Thank FoodGuy5