“just fabulous”
Review of Packrat Louie

Packrat Louie
Reserve with OpenTable
Packrat Louie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 2,424 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: 104 Street
Transit: One block south on Whyte avenue.
Lethbridge, Canada
“just fabulous”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We ate at Packrat Louie prior to attending a theatre production. I was quite worried that we would not be on time, or would have to leave mid meal ect. I explained these fears to the hostess she assured me we would be fine and we were. We had the duck carpaccio to start, this is the only complaint I have, it was too small I loved it so much! We also had a prawn appetizer and for the 4 of us these were delightful teasers. I will say that there was no air conditioning, I am not sure if it was broken or it doesn't exist but if you are always warm dress light in summer months then the food is worth it. We then had a lemon pizza, beef tenderloin, pork shoulder and sablefish I believe they were all fine dining quality while we laughed out loud and let a baby eat in nothing but shorts. What I am saying is awesome grown up date night food and you can bring the kids and the rowdy cousin too. We will be coming back for sure. Everything was honestly cooked to perfection and our server was just lovely we didn't want for anything.

1 Thank cmorevacays

Ottawa, Canada
“pricey but very good.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Although a bit pricey, our meals were pretty good. We attended at Packrat Louie Restaurant for dinner on August 7 and had a most enjoyable evening outside in the patio overlooking the Theatre District. Our server was very attentive and prompt. Our daughter and I shared the prawns appetizer which were large and delicious. We all were influenced by a previous reviewer to have the arctic char which was excellent, served hot and very well garnished and presented. We would definitely recommend this fine establishment.

• Visited August 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Great evening out on the deck.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a wonderful evening on the deck! The Arctic Char entree and the Prawn appetizer were fantastic. Service was also excellent. Great wine list too. A bit pricy so we don't come too often but every time we come it's really great.

1 Thank Manyfreckles
Edmonton, Canada
“Relaxed fine dining”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Although we had a reservation and there were couple of empty tables by the window (and they were empty until we left) the hostess gave us a table by the entrance which is obviously not the best sitting spot in the local. That didn’t make a great first impression but on our request she put us at a table by the window.
Regarding the food this restaurant is on a pricy side but good quality of food, very tasty and full of flavor, makes it worth a visit. We had arctic char and tuna steak, both perfectly done and delicious.
The atmosphere was very friendly and I really like this relaxed fine dining concept. Our server’s performance was one of the best I saw in Edmonton. We will be back for their wood-fired pizza, it looks amazing.

1 Thank Lyly6
Sylvan Lake, Canada
“Amazing Pizza”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

When I go out for the evening for a nice dinner the last thing I normally think about is pizza but boy am I glad we had the wood fired pizza at Packrat Louie!

We started out with two appetizers - the Duck Carpaccio and the Pork Belly and Scallops. The Pork Belly and Scallops were absolutely excellent. The duck was very good as well. Knowing I wouldn't be able to eat a full dinner as well, my husband and I opted to share the Prosciutto pizza. What a delight! It has prosciutto, spinach, mushrooms, buffalo mozzarella, egg, and it is topped with an aged balsamic. What a winning combination! The flavours were just excellent. We will return for this pizza for sure.

It was Monday night so wine bottles were half price which was really nice. But as an added bonus we had a Groupon and they honoured both the Groupon and the half price wine night which was great (when The Phork first opened and they had their wine specials they wouldn't honour the wine special and the Groupon, it was one or the other).

After dinner we headed across the street to check out the new place "MEAT" - and had dessert! Separate review coming. All in all a great evening.

• Visited June 2014