“Enjoyable”
Review of Packrat Louie

Packrat Louie
Reserve with OpenTable
Packrat Louie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 2,502 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: 104 Street
Transit: One block south on Whyte avenue.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I decided to take my lovely wife out for Valentine's Day and beat the rush. Our Thursday evening table was waiting for us. Since it was a romantic dinner we decided on a series of appetizers instead of a large meal. We started with a watermelon martini which started the meal off on the right foot. We began with Herbed Goat Cheese Bruschetta and a Stuffed Portabello Mushroom both were tasty. We then had half orders Packrat Caesar Salad and Beet Salad both gently caressed the palate. We finished off with their Spicy Hawaiian pizza-watch out for the banana peppers WOW. We were too full for desert. Service was good. There was a long interval between dishes that normally might have been unacceptable but romance was in the air so we just enjoyed the time. Overall a very enjoyable experience. I would go back again and would highly recommend it

3  Thank jsob1949
There are newer reviews for Packrat Louie

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Food, ambience and service were our three greats when we went to Packrat Louie last Saturday. Scott was our waiter and was there at every whim. For a night out with another couple, its a great choice!

2  Thank Aqua102
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I made a reservation for my husband's birthday, the restaurant was empty at that time and she give us the table by the entrance, we request for another table and she say can't do and walk away. we ask the waitress and she did her best but the hostess say no, I was ready to leave but my husband look not to happy and I decide to stay, food was great but expencive. I don't think we willl go again. Manager never check on the tables to make sure everything is good, I don't think we will back....

2  Thank Cleo M
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Called to reserve a table for 3. Great table, excellent server Kelsey. Great bottle of Malbec, wife had the famous lemon pizza w/ a side of there equally famous Cesar salad. Mum had the huge lamb shank which fell off the bone. I ordered the special which sounded superb but ended up being a mish mash of pasta & unrecognizable goo w / a few tidbits of tasty by very sparce smoked fish species....it resembled something out of a hamburger helper package. BUT...Kelsey immediately recognized the unpleasant look on my face and removed it from the bill. I had a wonderful glass of their NZ SB to finish my night and I will go back again.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have been clients of this establishment for many years on our visits to Edmonton, and we have seen it prosper and also seen its downside in the recent past. I am pleased to say that once again it is very good and well worth a visit.
The prices, even by European standards are quite high, but the food is varied, well prepared and well served. The menu is relatively small, but there should be something for everyone, ranging from the old favourites of lemon pizza to grilled king prawns and the usual meat dishes.
The wine list is good, albeit quite expensive, and the choice generally very good.
The service can be a bit too relaxed and although we were greeted when we arrived, we had to find our own coats (and the door) when we left, as there was no-one to say goodbye or to ask if we had enjoyed our meal. Our server was too busy setting tables for next day to notice we were leaving.
Basically, the whole thing needs a bit of tightening up. A decent maître d' could make a world of difference, but in general terms, a pretty good restaurant and worth a visit. A little European influence with the service might help.