“Great food, excellent service!”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #329 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Place LaRue
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I was surprised at the personal attention and great service we received. Our server made recommendations on the food and wine which were both excellent. We will definitely return, thank you!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Tried Moxie's for the first time over lunch, my wife and I both had burgers, I believe in "Judge a restaurant by its burgers". It's definitely not the best in Edmonton, but it passes. The burgers come with a portion of French Fries, they tasted bad, as if they were fried a day before.
The other thing I didn't like about the restaurant is that it gives you the sense of "Please finish your food as fast as you can and leave", it's not one of those restaurants that you just want to lay back and relax after a meal before heading out.
The only positive thing, the Men's washroom had a TV in it with TSN always on.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a good Sunday brunch. Service was good, polite staff, all meals were served hot and correct.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I had the 10 oz Madagascar Peppercorn New York that comes topped with a green brandy butter sauce. Moxie's gives you a choice of garlic mashed potatoes or a stuffed baked potato to go with your steak. I chose the mashed. The food was awesome. The steak was exactly how I asked for it to be cooked and made me proud to be a carnivore. I've been to Moxie's in the past and their steaks have always been good.

They have all the other pub food staples too like burgers, pizza, seafood, and pasta. They even have a kids menu. Why anyone would bring children to Moxie's is beyond me but there's a menu for them.

It was early on a Saturday evening when we went there so it was crazy-busy. They don't take reservations on the weekends so expect a wait. They gave us a vibrating blue frisbee to carry around that lights up when a table becomes available. It took thirty minutes.

Our waitress was a little slow at first. When she came by to take our order we asked for another minute to decide. She gave us twenty. She improved over the course of the evening though. That's the only thing bad I can say about the place. The restaurant is noisy and fast paced which isn't really my thing but it's bearable.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Very good menu, lots of choice and great decor. My comment about still being in mall is that if you are there on business, beware...you may not get a quiet place to talk business. The mall was close to our office and some wanted to do some shopping before our dinner meeting so the mall (West Edmonton Mall) was our first choice. The restaurant does get plenty of young families however...so forget about a quiet place. Otherwise great service and great food.