“Huge portions, delicious food!”
Review of Lemongrass Cafe

Lemongrass Cafe
Ranked #544 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We went here for the first time recently. We were pleasantly surprised to find the good delicious! And wow, big portions...I shouldn't have finished my plate (but I did, lol)! They were also very accommodating of our 10 month old, quickly bringing her some steamed broccoli to chew on, which we really appreciated. Overall a great visit, we'll be back!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is really a Vietnamese/Thai restaurant - ergo, more of a peanut presence. I wish that I had known that assuming that it was mostly Vietnamese before we went as my son has a severe peanut allergy. The good part is the restaurant was very good at explaining what he could order but we didn't take any chances and he got some food at a fast food outlet next door. The food here was quite good - fresh spring and salad rolls. The papaya salad was ok but would not order again. I had the chicken curry which did not have much taste although it was very fresh and hot on arrival. Overall, I think I would come again and try some of the other entrees but definitely, would not come with my son.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I have been dining here for at least 15 years, and it has been consistently good. We always go for lunch, and go early as it gets pretty busy at noon. Food is always hot, freshly prepared, and very tasty. Service is exceptional, and prices are reasonable. We most often have green onion cakes, Vietnamese noodle bowls #39 & 42, and green tea - always good. The wonton soup is good, as are the salad rolls. Well heck, everything's good!! Décor is nice, and there is a large glass partition that allows you to see into the kitchen which I like.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This place is a favorite. Excellent food, prepared from fresh ingredients.... I have often pondered someday getting a job washing their dishes just so I could learn their recipes! Staff is friendly, and you end up full for a great price. All around awesome!

2  Thank Michayne
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been going to the Lemongrass Cafe when I visit Edmonton for many years and, while I have tried other Vietnamese restaurants, this is the best by a long way. After my latest visit today, I thought I should add my thoughts to TripAdvisor. I wish I could say that I had eaten my way through the menu, but I can't bring myself to order anything but the vermicelli bowls, which are exquisite. My wife wonders why I order #40 every time I go there, but this combination of beef, chicken and shrimp is so good I could eat it every day. I should say, she has tried various dishes which have all been good too. While it is certainly not have the most elegant place (it does call itself a cafe!), the service is good and the food is fresh and tasty. It's great value and I'm looking forward to my next meal in a couple of weeks!