“Good meal, good value”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Garneau
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have visited several sushi restaurants in Edmonton. Kyoto is the best for both price and quality of the food. You can choose to have a private booth if available, which we always did. Just to give an idea, My wife and I would pay $35-40 for two of us to have a pretty good meal here. Two other sushi places in town, we order pretty much the same thing, and pay $70-80. Not much different. Because of this we came back here many times.

There are newer reviews for Kyoto Japanese Cuisine

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Enjoyed the bento box lunch I ordered. The quantity and quality of the food was good. The service was prompt and polite. I didn't have a 'wow' moment with the food, but I would come back if I was in the area and wanted Japanese food for lunch.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had dinner on a bento box: the tempura was oily, sashimi was cut too thick, the chicken was greasy. Contrary to what reported by other reviews, I found the service quick and agreeable.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had lunch here, and were very pleased with the atmosphere, the food, and the service.
Will definitely go again when we next visit Edmonton.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We mostly visit over lunch, but the dinner menu is also great. The service is always friendly and the portions and quality match the price. A must every time we're in town!