“great food”

Joey's Seafood Restaurants - Edmonton West
Ranked #1,136 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Welcome to Joey’s Edmonton West Location. Joey’s Restaurant in Edmonton West is a comfortable family–style restaurant providing affordable dining in smart surroundings. Come in and meet our local staff who are more than eager to share in our passion for serving the community and our loyal customers. Quality rules! This is why all of our seafood products are prepared FRESH, when YOU order. Join us every Tuesday for All You Can Eat Famous Fish & Chips.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

great food, fast service, they need better candles for their butter warmers as mine went out about 100 times and the waitress had to keep coming back to relight

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food here is okay, I got the shrimp feast with coconut shrimp, jalapeno shrimp and shrimp scampi. I didn't really like the coconut shrimp because it was so sweet! It was like having a desert and I also didn't like the shrimp scampi because it was cold and not what I was looking for. I did enjoy the jalapeno shrimp though. My mom got their classic fish and breaded shrimp. The place is okay, everything is pretty much breaded and deep fried. You wouldn't go here for a high class seafood meal, that's for sure. I am not sure if I would go back, maybe with grandparents because the place kind of appeals to them (lower costs with big portions). The prices are pretty cheap, the most expensive thing on their menu is 22 dollars? And you can get a meal for 14 so an affordable place, but because of lower quality food.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

A low key family type restaurant. Why I come back to this location is the specials and I find the service is great.

1  Thank Shawna R
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just blah. Just don't go there. I only tried this once and would not go there again.
Just plain food with no flavor.

1  Thank AbuBilal
JoeysCanada, Corporate Office at Joey's Seafood Restaurants - Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Hi AbuBilal,

Can you elaborate on your experience at info@joeys.ca. We'd really like to make whatever went wrong, right.

Thanks,
Joey's

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We've been here a number of times in the past. We've always enjoyed the fish and chips - it's what we always come for.

The service though was lacking - mostly because it seems that each time we go (and this most recent visit was no exception), that they seem to be understaffed, which means that the overworked server is always trying to keep up with everyone. Our server did alright, but because they were so overworked, they overlooked some basic things (such as drinks for the children and having enough place servings for our table), which took away from the overall dining experience.

So, if you take the service oversight out of the dining experience, it's a decent place to go for fish and seafood.

1  Thank MFamilyTraveller

Hi MFamilyTraveller,

Service is the most important thing for us. Service in food and service in hospitality. Have you been in the restaurant recently? Would love to hear an update at info@joeys.ca

Thanks,