“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Edmonton
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Food is terrific, lovely ambience, well paced. It's pricy so good for a special occasion. I'd like to have more special occasions here!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JESEdmonton

Edmonton, Canada
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Jack's used to be one of the most highly regarded restaurants in town, the quality of the food has really gone down over the last few years

“Always Exceptional Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Although Jack's is a bit pricey, in this case you get what you pay for. The food and service are always exceptional and the wine list is extensive. Ingredients are locally sourced whenever possible and the chefs like to experiment to create new and wonderful flavours. Some things on the menu have been there for years and others change with the season. I have never been disappointed.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank LouBell64
Edmonton, Canada
“not as great as the reviews say”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

we all heard it is pricey along with the wine. menu a bit limited for choices and portions are just big enough. Make reservations in advance.

Visited July 2012
“Had great expectations but was very DISAPPOINTED! SLOW SERVICE!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was very excited to try the restaurant since we heard great things about it. I was told before I went that it takes a long time for the food to come out once you order--- and it did! But that was not all. Our waiter did not know the specials when asked, he said it was salmon with a full side but could tell me foresure what the sides were! I ordered something else and soon after the table next to us was seated and their waiter ( who was different than ours) went into great detail about the specials-I felt jipped! I definitly would have ordered the salmon special had I actually known what went with it! Anyways-- after we finally recieved our meal our salt and pepper shaker did not work, not a big deal had someone come by to ask how our meal was, I ended up eating half the meal without the spices and finally flagged someone down to exchange the shaker ( no one had bothered to check on our table since we received our food). After dinner was finished we waited about 20 minutes with no dessert menu and no bill. Finally our waiter came by with the dessert menu, we declined even though we were planning  on having dessert-- but by this point I figured it would probably take another 20 minutes to just get our dessert and was tired of waiting ( we went to sunterra next door for dessert instead, fraction of the price and so delicious!) The bill came quickly but again we had to wait and than flag someone down to pay with a credit card.  All in all, it turned out to be a frustrating night with a ridiculous amount of waiting instead of a good first time at Jacks grill! Needless to say, we will go else where next time!

• 2 of 5 bubbles