“Amazing Night”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We asked the owners to help with 2 birthday parties with 40 people coming. What a perfect night it was. They brought on additional staff to work with the SLAM of 40 customers showing up all at the same time, and the drinks, food, were flowing seamlessly, and all our friends all commented this was some of the best Greek food they have ever tasted. The belly dancer I hired was also amazing, thank you so much to her for doing a great show, but most of all thank you to the family that own and run It's all Greek to me, for making 2 milestone birthdays (50th, 18th), ones that will be always remembered as the best birthday party ever.

If you have a special day coming up, I would highly recommend arranging something like this with the owners to host a party for your big event. The professionalism behind this family to make such an event go off without a single issue was amazing. For any restaurant to be slammed with a seating that is almost 75% of the capacity all at once, is something any business will tell you is extremely difficult to accommodate, but accommodate they did like it was something they do every day.

I would go on and on, and could, but I will end with the fact, WOW what an Amazing Night!

1  Thank Richard G
There are newer reviews for It's All Greek To Me

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and i went here for dinner tonight the restaurant was quite quiet and we were asked where we would like to sit. We chose a nice windowside table. The service was excellent from both the female and male server. Specials were explained and they took the time to be attentive to us with filling our water and asking how everything was without being overbearing. We ordered the baked feta with pita for an appy. It was quite good. Could have used a few more pita triangles though. My wife ordered the Greek salad I ordered the lamb soulvaki. Our meals came out quickly. My wife enjoyed her salad but to be honest there was a bit too much onions in it. The dressing was tasty. It could have benefitted with crumbled feta instead of shredded. My meal was tasty. The rice though was an afterthought. It seemed to be cheap packaged rice with frozen veg tossed in. They need to do better on that. I heard the microwave going in the kitchen which was a bit of a disappointment. Pretty sure the rice and potatoes were just reheated. We latered added an order of pitas and tzatziki fr dipping which was delicious. For two starters one main salad one main and a Greek coffee and a rum and coke our meal came out to 66 dollars. Very reasonable. It's a cute romantic and charming space with great service. We will without a doubt be back! Just had my wife review my review and she said that she was absolutely in love with the iced Greek coffee. She is hooked. Try it!!

4  Thank EdmontonJay
Reviewed April 13, 2012

A good place for a very nice greek meal. Love the Mousakka, but every thing we tried was good. I have gone back a couple of times with friends and family. Cute cozy tiny place in a funky spot in central downtown edmonton it is not fancy but they put out a very enjoyable meal with nice service in a timely manner. Greek Salad is heavy on the oil so I will order it on the side next time. All in all highly recommended.

1  Thank 10000elle
Reviewed March 25, 2012

It's a wee place with about 30 seats, blue and white decor all around: lovely pictures on the wall, relaxed atmosphere. We had a nice waitress, who was Greek herself and was very knowledgable about the food if you asked her. The food all had very good flavour and texture, the portions were a bit on the big side but definitely not your pretentious French servings. They had a nice wine selection from Greek, France, Australia etc., not much beer to choose from.
I'd definitely go back if I had the chance, very relaxed place.

1  Thank openingeyes
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Awesome Greek food located in heart of downtown. Highly recommend the lamb souvlaki, which was cooked to perfection! Service was at a relaxed pace when we went at the dinner hour, so I wouldn't go here if you are in a rush. Also, the restaurant got a bit smoky. Still, the food was worth it and I would go here again.

1  Thank mamadagg