“Glad to be back!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Oliver
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I used to love this place then the original owner left and opened Nello's in St. Albert. Now his son runs that restaurant and he has returned to operate il Pasticcio again. We went this past weekend and I'm happy to say it was just as it once was - delicious!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love this Italian restaurant, the staff are friendly and it's always great service and an abundance of food. I guarantee that you'll end up taking some home with you there's so much. The mussels are very tasty and more than enough for 2 people to share, the pasticcio is my favourite pasta dish and the desserts are to die for. Reasonably priced and friendly service.

1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Enjoyed a recent evening out with friends at this delightful out of the way Italian restaurant. Started with Bruschetta for 2 which was enough for half the restaurant! Followed it with the best Bocconcini salad I've ever had, which was also enough to feed an army. The flavours were amazing! All Entree's were more than plentiful and extremely tasty. There is plenty of free street parking close by but in a pinch, there is a reasonably priced parkade adjacent. Thanks Nello for a wonderful experience.

3  Thank CanadianMum
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had the opportunity to be in Edmonton to celebrate with our adult children and decided to try this restaurant. It was a great evening so we ate on the patio. This area is nicely screened in with glass partitions and as the evening got cooler the owner brought out the patio heaters. The food was very tasty and the portions more then ample. Try the deserts!!!! The service was very good and to end the evening the owner provided coffee tequila shots for our complete table. Very very good! Will definitely be back for both business and pleasure meals.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was told by a reliable patron to try this restuarant for our anniversary. As always I checked trip advisor and noticed a variety of different reviews. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our server was funny although a bit busy as it was a Friday night. The restuarant was very busy when we arrived for our seven o'clock reservations. The atmosphere is lovely and unique with the bright walls with customer comments written on the walls throughout the restuarant. We were attended to quickly and recieved our wine which good. We ordered the house red. The food was good and plentiful. My husband had the trout and I had the white fish. The rest of the table had pasta one person with veal and one person the special. We had bruschetta for the appetizers and the clam chowder soup and garlic prawns. The soup was very good and filling. A bread basket came with the meal. I would suggest that if you are really hunger the appetizers are good but if not you will be too full to really enjoy the full meal. We were too full to have dessert. It was not too bad as far as the price went as the kids were buying for us. Probably about 100 -150 for a couple tops with drinks. The entrees vary in price from about 20 -40 dollars. It was a good evening and I would go again for sure to try some of the other menu items.