“Il Pasticcio=Food Poisoning” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Oliver
“Il Pasticcio=Food Poisoning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Last week, me and my boyfriend went out to Pasticcio. We had been there a few times, and loved the food. However last week was our first time trying pork dishes. The pork didn't look very cooked, so my boyfriend called the server over and asked him if it looked cooked. The waiter said something like: "that's the way it's always cooked." or something like that. Shortly after our dining experience, we both started to feel sharp abdominal pains. We blew it off as indigestion initially, but the pain persisted. The next day, both me and my boyfriend took the work day off because we were vomiting in short intervals, and had other symptoms including: diarrhea, abdominal pain, dizzyness, etc. At one point, my boyfriend collapsed from exhaustion. I rushed him immediately to the ER where they prescribed us as having contracted: Campylobacter, a bacteria found in raw pork. Campylobacter is contagious, so we were both forced to wait out the pathogen at home. Over one full week of vomiting and digestion problems ensued, with me losing 8 pounds. My piece of advice, avoid any dishes from Pasticcio that contain pork, because you could be next!

• Visited October 2011
6 Thank Desiree S

Calgary
“Incredible Dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

The best Italian restaurant I have eaten at. If you want real Italian food go to Il Pasticcio Trattoria. The service is tremendous and the prices are very reasonable with large portions. The owner (Nello) came out and was very interested in how our dining experience was and he was very sincere. There were five of us(all adults) and we all had drinks, appitizers, a main course and a very good bottle of wine. Nello was very appreciative of our business and offered everyone a free drink on the house. Is that customer service or what?!?! We will be back the next time we are in Edmonton.
The only small down fall was the knowledge the server had of the many wines available - we still had a very good bottle of wine. We kept the cork and will be looking for it in stores.

2 Thank RoughneckFan
Canada
“Excellent food, great service and local favourite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

A quick Friday night dinner turned into a great food experience - that almost didn't happen.
When I called for a reservation (albeit minutes before we were to arrive), I was told that the restaurant was full, but we could take a chance, which we did. Upon arrival, we were gruffly greated by a gentleman who counted tables and told us there was no room. A lovely young woman interjected, asked us to wait a minute, and then returned to escort us to our table. She became our server, who efficiently seated us, announced the specials, showed us how to select pastas and salads and promptly returned with our drinks.
While the menu is higher end, the food was well prepared, well presented and delicions.Thanks to the young woman who served us, we had a lovely dinner, excellent food, served in a very hospitable, friendly manner. We will be back - if we can get by the cranky older man !

1 Thank CanadaCate
Edmonton, Canada
“Not bad, but not worth raving about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Went with a workmate on Thursday night, the place was almost empty and we were waited on almost immediatly. Odered bruschetta, very, very good and could feed 3-4 people! Main was penne arribiata, like the title suggests, wasn't bad but wasn't worth writing home about either. My friend had the tortelinni, he said is was salty and a little bland. I would return to give it another try but not my first pick in italian eating downtown Edmonton.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank serge s
Edmonton, Canada
“if you are looking for italian food this is by far one of the best I have been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I eat at Il Pasticcio often, the food is fresh and authentically Italian, it tastes as it should, which means it is superb. The tomato sauce has the aromatiic sweetness and slightly piquant taste found in the best southern Italian kitchens. Nello and his staff use this same sauce to finish the mussels which are a staple at this restaurant and a must try if you have not. I have had all the items on the menu and some not on the menu and truly enjoyed all. Great restaurant.

• Visited June 2011