Last week, me and my boyfriend went out to Pasticcio. We had been there a few times, and loved the food. However last week was our first time trying pork dishes. The pork didn't look very cooked, so my boyfriend called the server over and asked him if it looked cooked. The waiter said something like: "that's the way it's always cooked." or something like that. Shortly after our dining experience, we both started to feel sharp abdominal pains. We blew it off as indigestion initially, but the pain persisted. The next day, both me and my boyfriend took the work day off because we were vomiting in short intervals, and had other symptoms including: diarrhea, abdominal pain, dizzyness, etc. At one point, my boyfriend collapsed from exhaustion. I rushed him immediately to the ER where they prescribed us as having contracted: Campylobacter, a bacteria found in raw pork. Campylobacter is contagious, so we were both forced to wait out the pathogen at home. Over one full week of vomiting and digestion problems ensued, with me losing 8 pounds. My piece of advice, avoid any dishes from Pasticcio that contain pork, because you could be next!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.