“Terrible food, terrible service”
Review of Il Forno Pizzeria

Ranked #849 of 2,593 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This place seemed ok when we walked in. Guy playing the harp, dining room had lots of commotion. Then we ordered our drinks and received them 20 minutes later after reminding our waitress. Should have taken my gut feeling and walked out. The overall service was lousy and the food was so bland. I really want to give this place another chance but at $20 an entree I'd rather spend that at Chiantis or Sicillian Pasta Kitchen with 100% confidence that I'm going to get an amazing meal with real service.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Food is excellent and service is always excellent. It has been in operation for many years with very good reason

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went here (finally!) on a recommendation from friends. My husband and I really enjoyed the lunch fare! There were lots of choices and everything we had was delicious - even the caesar salad, which is sometimes not the best at restaurants. The service was great. I would definitely be back soon - hopefully for dinner when we can linger a bit!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Il Forno has never been quite the same since it left Little Italy 20 years ago but it has raised the bar for west end eateries since it moved west. The food is good not excellent but their minnestrone and pizzas are very good indeed. Service is always friendly. Servings are generous. Quality is consistent. It is family friendly and a nice place for a weekday lunch too.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We went to Il Forno last night and it was fairly busy but we actually got seated quite quickly but had to wait for about 10 minutes to get a menu. We had to ask about the specials and for a wine list to determine what we wanted to drink. When we were able to order, my husband asked for one of the specials but it was sold out. So he asked for the veal, but they were out of that as well. We ended up having the rigatoni carbonara and the penne cardinale. Food was just average like a meal we could easily have made at home, and just average size portions. For what we got, it was overpriced and nothing special. Definitely won't be hurrying back. Service was average. When we ordered drinks, I even got the last Stella Artois. It's like they weren't expecting customers! Nicest part was they had a harpist there playing live music.