“Stella on tap...”
Review of Hudsons

Hudsons
Ranked #1,535 of 2,503 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian, Pub
Description: Hudsons is like Canada – everybody fits in.The same words people use to describe Canada are the attributes we strive for; Genuine, Fun, Inclusive, Comfortable and Unpretentious. We at Hudsons Canadian Tap House are serious about providing our unique brand of ‘Canadian Hospitality™’ that you would recommend to a friend.The Hudsons’ experience combines the comfort of home with the enjoyment of being out.We value family and friends first. And everybody at Hudsons is considered one or the other.Welcome to Canada’s Pub!
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Hudsons Canadian Tap House in Oliver is an average pub to take in at the start of your Saturday night.
The service was fine, but with no "Wow" effect.
Beer, nachos, wings are all typical.
Pricing of Molson Canadian on game nights is cheaper, likewise the wings are at half price too.
$8.50 for a Stella is more than normal though...

There are newer reviews for Hudsons

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was invited, not local me to use on a regular basis. it was ok but not sure if i will return, it is very popular but a bit too crowded for my taste

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Had an opportunity to try Hudsons Canadian Tap House in downtown during Olympics and we went early enough that there are no big crowds. Its a sports bar where you can drink beer as this place's main function. They also serve some pub food to go with the beer as well. I don't drink so I am goinf there for the pub food. Keep in mind that this is a chain watering hole so do not expect restaurant style service and gourmet food. As with most bars, we come in the doors and seat ourselves anywhere we like. Our server greets us and lays the coasters down for our drinks. She took our drink orders and was back really fast with them. She was pleasant and polite to deal with which is not often encountered in bars. We ordered the Campfire Poutine to start. It was large portion to share between two people. It was your regular poutine, served with ground beef,bacon, sour cream, green onions and hot sauce. I was pleasantly surprised cause the kick in it was not overwhelming and it reminded me of Taco Bell's fries supreme.
We then ordered the Pulled Pork sandwich which had maple syrup flavour to it and coleslaw on top of it. It was a short 6 inch french baquette bun. I substituted sweet potato fries to go with it as a side. The coleslaw was simple and not exciting.
Also ordered the Bale House Fish & Chips. Delicate white fish, thick battered crispy that does not taste salty or greasy which is fantastic. Substituted caesar salad as a side. The salad was nothing special.
Overall, the prices was your typical pub fare and portions. What I find unique about their menu is they want a Canadian flavour to it which is why there are some maple syrup inspired items. What could be more Canadian than that, EH!
I would come back to this place to try their other two poutines and burgers as they sound delicious.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

There are several Hudsons locations throughout the city so you will end up meeting friends there at one point or another. The nachos and wings are ok but I have been disappointed when I tried to order a burger. Nothign specifically wrong with it, other than it was just so average and boring. I can't see anything about this place that is worth recommending over other pubs except maybe that they can accommodate a large group. Whenever I get a chance to influence the choice of pub I always try to steer people somewhere else.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Exactly that. It's a friendly pub-chain that has lots of space and attracts a jovial crowd. It's a good place to go for a pint if you find yourself in the area.