“Love the food, naan is out of this world!”
Review of Haweli

Haweli
Ranked #197 of 2,503 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I make it a point to go here every time I am in Edmonton. Yes, it's me flying solo with my book but who cares. The Kingfisher is cold, the tikka is tasty and naan is stellar. Don't be fooled if it is quiet, the food is great!

There are newer reviews for Haweli

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was taken to Haweli by a coworker for lunch. It was very clean, well priced, excellent selection - small selection but very fresh and delicious!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wanted to try this restaurant and found it to be very expensive for food that was just par. Did like the specialty bread. Will not go back.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This review is long overdue. I have been going to Haweli's since it opened, mainly for lunch but have gone for a couple of suppers. Lunch is the best. Come 10 minutes before noon and beat the rush. The water goblets are large and always filled with iced water so little need for a coke or other drink. The L shaped selection has a cold table for approx. 8 types of salads/sides and then the long line of steamer tables has lots of veggies, potatoes and meat. Butter chicken and tandori chicken are a staple everyday, and they alternate a lamb or beef vindaloo. The real prize on the line is the fish. They have a chilli fish to die for. Lots of succelent white fish, lightly breaded tossed in beautifully cooked red,yellow,green peppers and onions with just the right zing for heat. An amazing dish. They rotate different types of fish presentation, but chili fish is the best. You have an assortment of white or saffron rice plus all the nan bread you can handle. Deserts are the normal East Indian fare, so your choice is fresh cubed fruit or very sweet whatevers. Service is reliable and friendly. They have a good bar selection with many types of beers and a decent wine list.
As another testimonial, I had a Calgary friend come up for a visit and he is East Indian. We went there and he really enjoyed it. High praise indeed.
Thank you Haweli!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I love butter chicken....actually...I adore butter chicken! I have been deceived in many restaurants in my last tries but I found this one from the hotel guide and I was not dissapointed! I of course had the butter chicken plus basmati rice and Naan bread....Excellent!