“Best butter chicken in a long time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haweli

Haweli
Reserve with OpenTable
Haweli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Downtown
Montreal
“Best butter chicken in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I love butter chicken....actually...I adore butter chicken! I have been deceived in many restaurants in my last tries but I found this one from the hotel guide and I was not dissapointed! I of course had the butter chicken plus basmati rice and Naan bread....Excellent!

Visited July 2012

Edmonton, Alberta
“Lunch Buffet has the best butter chicken in town...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

The best butter chicken in the City of Edmonton is found at Haweli on 103rd Street.

The weekday lunch buffet is outstanding. For an Indian food buffet expert like myself (only partially kidding as I go a lot more than I should) I am continually impressed by the many different vegetarian and meat dishes available.

For example, the turnip curry was delicious and don't get me started on the baby egg plant dish... Awesome.

The naan is made fresh in front of you as you load your plate with delicacies. The naan is not quite as pillowy soft as at their competitor (Khazana, which is my first love in Indian food buffets), but it is quite lovely as you soak up the curries with it.

The ambiance is nice but I don't like the location of the rest rooms so close to the start of the buffet. The front door to the restaurant is rather uninviting with an ugly, utilitarian "open" sign with business hours attached.

But, getting back to the food, it is awesome and I highly recommend it. You won't find better butter chicken, the most ubiquitous Indian dish, anywhere in town.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention how lovely the staff are. Excellent, prompt service and please tip your waiter, here or anywhere with excellent service, no less than 20 percent!

Edmonton, Canada
“Good Lunch Buffet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I recently went to Haweli's with co-workers for the Lunch Buffet.

I am new to Indian Cuisine, and do not care much for spicey food, but this buffet was delicious.
Butter Chicken tasted authentic, more of a creamy sauce with less of a tomato taste/consistency. Lamb was also delicious, rich in sauce and little fat. Naan Bread was good, as always (kind of hard to screw up) Salads, included non traditional Indian, like caesar, but was welcomed.

Desserts included fruits and rice puddings made with saffron, as well as saffron rice. My co-workers liked their dishes as well. I'm told the saffron used in their dishes was the authentic spice.

Would eat there again, good value at 15$ for the lunch buffet, and is right downtown.

• Visited May 2012
Canada
“Best Indian buffet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Went to Haweli in downtown Edmonton for the lunch buffet during a weekday. It was so delicious that I went back for seconds and got a stomach ache! I usually don't eat that much, but I really enjoyed the food (the rice pudding was incredible). The buffet was hot, had a wonderful variety of tasty dishes, and was well worth the money spent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to others. Good authentic Indian food.

• Visited March 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Slow Service & Over Priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

The food is average, nothing great. The portions are small and pricy. The buffet is limited in choices and the salads and dessert were good.

Visited February 2012