“Great Restaurant”
Review of Hardware Grill

Hardware Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hardware Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 97th Street & Jasper Ave
Description: Established in 1996, hardware grill is an A-list dining spot in Canada. It is a glorious setting for Chef / Owner Larry Stewart's progressive Canadian Cuisine, bold flavors, dramatic presentation, creative and whimsical prairie regional flavors, French influenced style, enthralling design and impeccable standards of service form the entire experience hardware grill. Local owners Melinda and Chef Larry Stewart have a hand picked brigade to offer culinary grace in an elegant casual setting with professional, convivial service.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Lovely ambiance, waiter knew what he was talking about when it came to recommendations and wine pairings. Food was excellent, we enjoyed our night out.

1  Thank Spamboat

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Went on a date and they seemed to have lost our reservation but quickly accommodated us. We started off with some wine and risotto. Both were selected by our very knowledgable server. For dinner, I had the tenderloin while my fiancée had the elk. Both were amazing. Service was excellent - not that it was busy.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend the Hardware grill. We had a great experience.

1  Thank Travellingfoodie5125
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was my 3rd time at the Hardware Grill and this place never fails to disappoint. I have brought visitors from out of town each time and everyone has always walked away impressed and very satisfied. The food is always top-notch and the service is terrific as well. Twice I have had the Alberta Angus Beef Tenderloin and once I had the Duo of Bacon Wrapped Elk and Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs. I prefer the Tenderloin but both are delicious. The Kobe Beef Carpaccio is also great. The prices are obviously a bit high but you get what you pay for each time. The atmosphere is enjoyable too. I look forward to coming back again in the future.

1  Thank Canad1an_Traveller
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Interesting menu and pleasant wine selection. The menu may be a bit 'heavy' on 'heavy' options eg aromatic sauce. Decor very good, but seating sometimes a bit close

1  Thank Mike_J1963
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Myself and a co-worker decided to visit the Hardware Grill in downtown Edmonton. Upon first look at the menu, I was a little turned off because of the high prices and was hoping that it would be worth it. They start you off with some freshly in-house baked white and whole wheat bread with a side plate of olive oil. The olive oil is made (and sold by the bottle) by the restaurant and it reminded me of being in Italy. I would have bought a bottle to take home but I was not checking a bag on my flight home and thus could not bring liquid in my carry-on.

Instead of ordering an entrée, I opted for 2 appetizers. The Braised Pork Cheeks were served on a bed of pea and pancetta risotto. The risotto was a little too el dente but the pork cheeks were very tender and tasty. The little bit of feta on the cheeks provided a small blast of flavour that I was not expecting but was pleasantly surprised. My second appetizer was the Baja Scallops which were cooked perfectly. I have never had anything quite like the pomegranate-pistachio relish and it was a great pairing with the scallops. The cauliflower puree was nothing special so I left it aside.

The food was presented beautifully and overall was very good. I had high expectations because of the high prices and was not disappointed. The wait staff could have been a bit more attentive to our table, but it was not a huge deal.

I will likely visit the Hardware Grill in future trips to Edmonton.

1  Thank Djurilj