Review of Hardware Grill

Hardware Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hardware Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,561 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 97th Street & Jasper Ave
Description: Established in 1996, hardware grill is an A-list dining spot in Canada. It is a glorious setting for Chef / Owner Larry Stewart's progressive Canadian Cuisine, bold flavors, dramatic presentation, creative and whimsical prairie regional flavors, French influenced style, enthralling design and impeccable standards of service form the entire experience hardware grill. Local owners Melinda and Chef Larry Stewart have a hand picked brigade to offer culinary grace in an elegant casual setting with professional, convivial service.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

To celebrate our anniversary we went to the Hardware Cafe tonight after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. I had the New York steak which was delicious. My husband had the beef ribs and elk and it was excellent!! I highly recommend it and will definitely order it next time we go. The homemade bread was very good (my husband got seconds) and the gingerbread cake was to die for. Our waiter Shane provided us was excellent service and we appreciated his dessert recommendation.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is not somewhere you go on a budget. However if you want to have a meal thats laboured over by a real chief and not a teenager on a line, this is the place to go. The quality of the meal is outstanding.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you want to experience a top notch dinner, with great service, this is the place! Food was excellent. They have a great wine list and decanted our Malbec into a cool "beaker". The dish with sea bass and lobster risotto in a crape was fantastic. Tenderloin and New York beef was cooked perfectly. Be sure to get a dish with the mashed potatoes with mascarpone cheese - to die for. Waiter was excellent and looked after us well. He told us about the history of the building - old hardware store in Downtown that has been tastefully remodeled with great atmosphere.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow! What an awesome meal! We were NOT dissappointed! I have wanted to try hardware grill for many months, listening to all the hype it gets. It was our first year anniversary so we managed a reservation to this place. We were sat within minutes of arriving, and if I had ONE complaint, we were sat a table for 2, that faced a table for 4 and so it was a little distracting and slightly awkward facing them directly. I would have preferred something more private but in the end it made us nice and cozy!!!!! The wine list is awesome and the food was incrediable. I had the sea bass, this meal was so special- you cannot find this any where else in the city that is for sure. It was so light and refreshing with so many different layers that kept your taste buds guessing. My husband had the steak, and he said that it was the best steak he had ever had. Super different covered in herbs which makes for such a refreshing take on a big chunk of meat. The service was also awesome. I would highly recommend this one for sure!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

came here for my Birthday dinner. I had heard great things but never had a change to give it a try. The food was excellent, the service attentive & spectacular, it was a meal to remember. The outside area is a bit sketchy, but there is work in the area to improve the "Downtown Experience". Will definately come back!