“Great place to dine with friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hardware Grill

Hardware Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hardware Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,271 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: International, Canadian, Gluten Free Options, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 97th Street & Jasper Ave
Description: Established in 1996, hardware grill is an A-list dining spot in Canada. It is a glorious setting for Chef / Owner Larry Stewart's progressive Canadian Cuisine, bold flavors, dramatic presentation, creative and whimsical prairie regional flavors, French influenced style, enthralling design and impeccable standards of service form the entire experience hardware grill. Local owners Melinda and Chef Larry Stewart have a hand picked brigade to offer culinary grace in an elegant casual setting with professional, convivial service.
London, Canada
“Great place to dine with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Terrific atmosphere, staff absolutely superb. The food was delicious, inventive, and high quality. Wonderful wine list and staff know about the wines and are eager to help. We went with a large group (20) so that hit them kind of hard, but they really did well and things were served relatively promptly.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank IH9

Toronto, Canada
“A very nice dining experience in Edmonton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

It is my first trip to Edmonton and my husband had done some research on where to dine out. We read some good reviews about this restaurant and went ahead and give it a try. We were there on Jun 7 (Fri), it was a busy evening. The restaurant was packed with people. The atmosphere was great for couple and small group gathering. I felt a little cold with the A/C though. We liked the fact that you can see into the kitchen.

Service was efficient. We would prefer to have a bit more explanations on each menu items though. Bread served with olive oil and salt. Bread was served cold though. I was kind of custom to have warm bread at a higher-ended restaurant.

We ordered the pork belly and scallop to start. The scallop was nice but my husband found it wasn't surprising. The taste met my expectation. The pork belly was slightly on the drier side. The combination of the caramelized onion, pork belly and the bread was a bit odd. We couldn't figure out why they are on the same dish (non-coherence). The price of the appetizer was between $14-18 each.

For the main courses, they were outstanding. We ordered the lamb rack + lamb shank and elk with beef short ribs. Those are perfectly executed. The lamb rack dish was one of the best we had in Canada. The Alberta lamb it was used, had such a great aroma. The texture of the meat was just cooked at its best. The lamb shank was nicely seasoned. The dish was served with some white kidney beans, very nice paired. The Elk and Beef short rib was also a very tasty dish. The elk was wrapped with bacon and a mustard crust. The meat was nicely cooked and because the elk was such a lean meat, the bacon fat made it so juicy. I enjoyed the beef short ribs too as it was so tender. The price of the entrees ranges around $40-$50.

We had the lemon short bread dessert. It was very refreshing. Dessert was around $12-13 each.

Overall, it was a very nice dining experience, and we would like to go back again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SelinanJon
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I joined some business colleagues for dinner. No one had eaten here before, but we had heard good things. The room was quiet and we were able to have a nice conversation. We were seated beside the kitchen - in this case a good thing - where there is a window to watch the chefs work. I had the sea bass which was moist and prepared just right. My friends tried steak and were equally impressed with the quality of the food and the preparation. Butterscotch pudding for dessert - nice change with scotch mixed in. There was an impressive selection of wines. The big surprise was a bill that was quite reasonable. I will be going back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Riverdog1
Edmonton, Canada
“Fruit flies!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have frequented this restaurant for lunch on occasion as we work very near by.
I have seen the numbers drop in the past year or so and wonder why.
I was there about a year ago, had the caesar salad and had stomach issues the rest of that day.
Reluctant to go again, but had a team lunch, food was okay, nothing super special. Service was pretty good. Nice interior.
The big problem I have with them now.....fruit flies.
In a restaurant that served Paul Newman and Chef Ramsey???
I was swattin the damn things away every few seconds, near the end of the meal.
Suggests some very bad cleanliness/laziness in the kitchen? Yuck.
I won't be going back.

2 Thank reachkarebear
Edmonton, Canada
“More Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

From past experience and knowing what to expect my wife and myself are still amazed when we sit down and take those first few bites how really good the food is. Yes we have our favorites the elk and the lamb, yet it's still more amazing than we remember, even when Chef Stewart changes his plating or recipe slightly.

• Visited May 2013