“Everything changes and still stays the same...”
Review of Earls

Earls
Ranked #238 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Summerlea
Reviewed January 19, 2013

When something is not broken, don't fix it! The menu has been changed, and not necessarily for the better. If I want to eat healthy, I'll eat at home! If I want a treat and spoil myself, at least give me the opportunity! Where's the ginger bread with apples and caramel sauce?!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

First of all - they absolutely do not cater to kids but they will allow you to bring them. What does that mean? No booster seats, no high chairs, no change tables, no kids menus.
Second, their food AND drinks are bordering on inedible and the service was really really horrible. We ordered steak medium, both came out black and crispy on the bottom and no steak knives - waitress didn't come back for 15+ min. and when we asked another server to get our waitress she said "oh, she must be on a smoke break, she'll be back soon", so 1/2 hour AFTER getting our burned steaks, we got steak knives to eat our now cold and burned steaks with...this is just one of the many examples I have from that meal alone. I've been to Earls quite a few times across BC and Alberta, while their food has always been very mediocre this was by far the worst service we had recieved yet.

1  Thank Cdntraverse
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have ate at this restaurant many times. Our last lunch meal there was not great. Coffee was cold, chicken didn't taste like chicken and the service was poor.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

At Earl's you get the same generic brand host, server and meals no matter what city you go to. The food is fine, the drinks are fine, but it is expensive for what you get. They lack the personable touches.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Dining at the good old family favourite Earls usually ensures a decent enough meal but not this time.
Having had a dire meal the night before at CHOP in Edmonton, we decided to go for the safe option. Upon arrival we were greeted by what could only be described as a "gang" of the girls in Black dresses holding the door open and filling up the lobby. Why there were so many we had no idea.
Anyway, we were show to our table and the waitress arrived and the mayhem started.
We ordered drinks and perused the menu, without really needing to as we know it quite well.
The Waitress, without doubt, was in the wrong job and really should be looking for something to suit her.
So we ordered and the food came... well three out of four dishes came. The dynamite rolls strangely vanished from the order despite watching her write it down. So we mentioned it and it turned out that another table had them. So they'd remake them. They never arrived.
The Clam cowders were actually quite good for something that comes out of a bag or a can. However, the fish tacos weren't. I gave up on my second one as it smelled and tasted bad! Now how off fish can make it's way into a taco is still a mystery as I'd guess the Wahoo was frozen right after being caught. However, it may have floated around the restaurant for a little too long.
We then had a change to Waiter from waitress as she went on her break. Still no sign of the Dynamite rolls. It turned out that he too was in the wrong job and if anyone came up with something that wasn't on their script sheet, they were both completely lost.

So Earl's, Your Edmonton restaurant needs a kick up the backside. Time for a corporate visit to make sure they're doing things right. Because on the night we were there, they pretty much got it as wrong as you can.