“Great Pizza, Good Pasta, Average Steak, Ribs, and Chicken”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I have been going here for the last few years, mainly on Sunday's, for an afternoon outing . There are usually 10 of us in a group or so, they take reservations, which is particularly nice for us, since we can be seating almost immediately. First of all the place is very cozy and has a Italian family feel about it, you will see the owner or manager walking around to ensure that there are no problems and that you feel comfortable. This is much appreciated by us. The Pizza here is great, except the Donair wasn't my favourite. The pasta is very good, the last seafood lasagne wasn't the greatest. I found the last time I had ordered the chicken and ribs they were quite bland and dry. However overall the service and hospitality is like no other. We will be returning again in the near future. They also have a nice size parking lot.

There are newer reviews for Capital Pizza & Steakhouse

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Been going here for years....since it first opened in fact, years and years ago. Now I take my own family here. Pizza is very good if you are craving thicker crust lots, of cheese type-pizza, but the REAL treat here is the baked lasagna and baked spagehtti. I prefer to order these easy on the sauce as I feel the sort of drown them otherwise. Donairs kind of suck though, but everything else on menu is great!!

One note though, staff is overall unfriendly, especially some of the servers that have been there a while. Its a shame that they treat you like an inconvenience. A smile would be nice!

Oh, and whose bright idea is it to only give one free pop refill. That is pretty darn cheap Capital, come on!

2  Thank wheretonextgirls
Reviewed October 30, 2012

When you find a place that you really like… you keep going back. That about sums it up for us at Capital Pizza. Not only is the pizza excellent, but so is the rest of their menu.
It can be quite busy at times and it isn’t unusual to find yourself waiting in a lineup… but you rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes… if that.
The building is quite new and has a comfortable atmosphere. The service is good and the staff are friendly. It’s a family run business and I think many of the staff are part of the family.
It is not far from where we live, so it is also our preferred pizza take out place.
I think all pizza places charge about the same price and this one is no different. We go there because we like their food.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

try the fried mustrooms, enjoyed the meal, the price and location. we go on hockey nights, go early and enjoy.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

the food was very, very good.
they were large portions for the price we paid.
the only downside was our server was a little bit slow and forgetful.