“Customer never right”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Ordered the Maria's special with seafood. The first clam I picked off the plate was filled with mud. Tried to eat the rest of the meal, but kept finding things to be gritty in my teeth. Was offered free dessert, but really I wasn't interested. The waitress was rude beyond belief, the supervisor came out and when I tried to explain my side she walked away in disgust. I have never been treated so poorly before and I feel I had a valid reason for not wanting to pay for my meal. I was told, it's expected that there will be some dirt in a seafood dish... ummm some dirt, this clam was chock full of mud. Was told we had to pay full price for our meal we refused. Was then told the best they could do was offer to take off half the price. Manager was not there and so they couldn't let us have a free meal... what meal, I never ate it. We waited politely for the manager to arrive and then 30 minutes later were promptly told by our rude waitress that "we could leave the premises".. now we are being kicked out and with no apology or explanation. Consider yourself fully warned. Tables are often left empty and it appears only close family members truly eat here. Food is overpriced and very simple. I believe seafood can be served well and not be gritty. I think this places attitude was unacceptable.

1  Thank emckoen

Reviewed April 6, 2010

We went for dinner and had wanted to visit this place for a few years. I thought it was very overpriced, too salty and I was given day old potatoes. I have been to Portugal and did not think it was all that similar. Kind of very simple food for the high price.

1  Thank dfuoco75