“Great servers, nice environment but overpriced”

Parkallen Restaurant
Ranked #653 of 2,590 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Considered an institution in Edmonton. The Parkallen restaurant has been serving Edmontonian's for over 35 years. This boutique restaurant offers pizza, steak, pasta, rack of lamb and amazing mediternean cuisine in the city. Casual elegant atmosphere, great wine and amazing staff. A must try restaurant. Same owner/chef for 35 years. Please join us when in our fine city.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had heard great things about the pizza at this restaurant (and I understand it is fabulous) but we opted for a dinner. We shared 2 appetizers between the four of us - they were good. All of our main course dishes were good but nothing that makes you say, OMG when you take a bite; except for the lamb; our one friend said it was excellent. We shared one bottle of reasonably priced wine and each had a dessert - the spice cake soaked in caramel sauce with ice cream was amazing; the other desserts were good. So we had a nice meal but our bill, with tip, was $300.00 and it wasn't that amazing of a dinner for that price. Parking is really hard to find (3 spots in the back) but the ice to get to the front door was really bad with no sanding for customers. There are other restaurants that I would try before going back to this restaurant.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This restaurant has nice decor and a great wine selection. My wife and I have eaten here a number of times. The food is good quality and tasty, although it is now over-priced. The service is always very hit and miss, and never great. On this latest visit we waited a very long time to even get a glass of water when we arrived and the service was sketchy at best after that.

The restaurant has become a little too precocious and needs to go back to basics and deliver food at a fair price with better customer service.

1  Thank TreckingLee
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hidden gem on the south side of Edmonton. Great Lebanese food and an extensive wine list. Anything you choose will sure to please your palate.

2  Thank Mulconroy
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Parking is horrible. They dont even shovel the front for customers. Ambiance is okay. Place is only good for 20 couples. Went for a Valentine dinner with my wife with a Groupon and was told that I have to pay an extra $23 because it's Valentine. Ordered two starters. Salads tastes good. Ordered Lamb racks and my wife AAA Alberta beef Sirloin. It took almost 45 mins to get our main entrees.
This is my main frustration. If you are paying the high price for a food it must be good. I've ordered my lamb to be medium well. But it's still bloody. Four racks sits on top of a mashed potatoes w/c i guess they made it from potatoe powder from Superstore. Brushel sprouts that sits on mashed potato is over cooked. THE TASTE FOR THIS PLATE IS SOOO BLAND. Look on the picture how it was served. My wife's AAA sirloin is goey and no condiments that you can grab on the table.
Another kicker of frustration is my dessert. I've ordered a cream brulee.. and look what i've got.... it was on a cup. Quarter of a cup of liquid milk and sugar and a caramelized sugar covers it with a middle finger size berry sits on top. I eat the berry and got only a 3 scoops of a teaspoon of the liquid.

With a 16% gratuity it knocks me more. If you want a serious dining to make your tummy smile and your car is safe this is not a place to waste your money. I paid almost $70 bucks each.

With this money go to Chateau Lacombe or even $25 buffet at Mariott Hotel with unlimited seafood buffet every Tuesday. How's that?..

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had been there before and this was our 1st time after the renos. We were 2 couples, shared an appetizer and a greek salad. Each would have been a meal for one person. Good selections of mains - large servings. Grilled veggies were done to perfection. Huge desserts and sooo yummy. Prices are about the same as most good restaurants. The only negative is that they do not take reservations, however we only waited a few minutes while they cleared a table.