“Delicious pizza and great wine advice”

Parkallen Restaurant
Ranked #1,085 of 2,498 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The restaurant has been renovated and it looks much improved--very modern. Each of us ordered pizza and all of us were really happy with our selections. The pizza was around $16 for a medium (depending on the toppings) and it was absolutely delicious--loved it. I would rate it higher than Famoso's for sure--more filling and better pizza crust. We wanted to order an Argentinian malbec to go with the pizza and our waiter kindly suggested a much superior malbec also from Argentina...and he offered to split the $7 difference with us so that we would try this! He was right--it was amazing. And the wine selection in this little restaurant is unbelievable. We definitely would return!

There are newer reviews for Parkallen Restaurant

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Went with colleagues from out of town for an early dinner. I hadn't been since the renovation and was happy with the change. The decor is much improved and the place is intimate, though professional. Because we got there early (4;30 pm) the restaurant was pretty much empty. Service, however, was prompt and courteous. As time progressed, our server got more and more distracted. He forgot completely the appetizer, though our mains appeared quickly. He forgot to bring one person's second glass of wine. However we had such miserable service at a restaurant the night before, this didn't seem so bad! The food was delicious, though somewhat salty. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dishes. Between us we had the key lime cheesecake and the dolce leche cheesecake and both were spectacular. Overall, a good experience and I would consider going back with my spouse.

1  Thank TravelFamily2012
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Great experience... My wife and I went out for a romantic super together.
Great food and a HUGE wine selection! Clean and very cozy little spot.
I truly like the service. The person that took care of us that night made us laugh and was VERY personable.
We will be back!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Right from the start we started off on the wrong foot at this restaurant when the waiter was trying to get us to order wine without the benefit of us seeing the wine list and the prices. I have very limited knowledge of wines and I didn't appreciate how condencending he was and he got really pissed off when I asked for the price list. Anyhow I decided to order beer instead and his nose went straight in the air and he got even more huffy. Even that a pint of steamwhistle is 9.00 that's right 9.00 !!! Bottled beer is 7.00 !!! The waiter got even more when we asked him over to explain the menu to us... he told someone in our party who had been there before why can't you do it Anyhow he was abrupt and snotty and barely afforded us the time to grudgingly review the menu with us, you would think we were cutting his arm off... I think he was pissed off because we were cutting into spiel on trying to pawn off an expensive bottle of wine on us and I wanted the wine list and ordered beer instead... I could go on but one more point I would like to make is there were only two waiters to serve the entire restaraunt and the female waitress helping patrons other than us looked extremely flustered and several times ran into the kitchen door dropped her tray with whatever was on her tray shattering all over the floor right by our table.. now that's what I call ambience.... On to ordering my meal....

A 9 oz. N.Y. steak for 39.00 I was scared to order it. Waiter refused to serve a burger so I ordered salmon (extremely small portion at that) Roast potatoes were hard and the vegetables were soggy. The waiter did snottily tell me the vegetables were frozen, but when you are charging the prices that they are then they darn well better make sure they have fresh vegetables on hand... I read another review on this restaraunt describing the waiter as haughty and he served us with a side of sarcasm and hostility. That was the waiter and the service to a tee. This restaraunt is extremely overpriced, understaffed and what service you do get is rude and obnoxious... I try to be fair when I write a review but in this instance I could probably write an even worse review than what I wrote. If they want to charge the prices that they charge then they better have more help be waiting on me hand and foot and treat me with respect..

1  Thank veteran98
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The food and service was slightly above average. Nothing to rave about. Prices are reasonable.