“One of my faves”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'd have rated this good, if the option had been available. This is a restaurant I visit regularly and am never sorry I have.

There are newer reviews for New Asian Village Restaurant

Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you love East Indian food then this is a must. The west end location puts on a wonderful lunch buffet. The price is on the higher end but you get a lot o variety. I really like the butter chicken and rice pudding, they are my favorite.

2  Thank Stacey u
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The food is always so taty. I love the naan bread and the service. Price is good for what you get at the buffet or from the menu. Just watch out for cilantro if you don't like it or are allergic as it is on / in most dishes.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I ate at the Saskatchewan Drive location once... that's all it took. I eat at the other locations on a regular basis, but this one experience cemented my decision never to come back again. I can't even call the young lady that served us a "server" because there was no service. She said hi to us once, and then sat on the table next to us and rolled up cutlery - yes, literally, sat on the table next to us. When we asked for more water, she called another server while still sitting on the table and had them bring us more water. It was ridiculous. The food was good, and the location is nice - so it's a shame we wont be going back again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised.My wife and I are not big Indian food fans, however wanting to try something different, we thought we would give it a whirl. We did not want too spicy and were not sure what to order from the menu, so we tried the dinner buffet. There were a few dishes with a little heat but nothing we could not cool off with some Naan bread. The Naan breads were great, especially the dessert Cinnamon Naan. There was a salad selection, soup, saffron rice, to the usual butter chicken, curried beef, and more. The price is a little high at $20.95 for the dinner buffet, but there was a good selection. Service was prompt, friendly, and someone always available to help. We would not hesitate to go back and would like to try the lunch buffet.