“Better than I could have imagined”
Review of Gini's Restaurant

Gini's Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband & I went there on New Years Eve. Never been before but heard from a Client that it was very good. Very unassuming from the exterior, but upon entering the atmosphere was calm & quiet. Just what we needed!! The Waiter was attentive & very nice. We had their special 5 course New Years Dinner. Each dish was so flavourful and well presented. I ordered the Duck (totally apprehensive but took the waiters advice). It was AMAZING! My husband had Filet Mignon which was risky since he likes his meat well done, again his was perfect, tender yet perfectly done. The whole dining experience was calm relaxed and delightful. It was perfect! We will definitely go back there and I will recommend this charming little place to my friends & family.

1  Thank RLCameron

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a large group of people, and 2 wait staff to serve us. Food was really good, buns were fresh, Wild Mushroom soup was delicious, mussels were tasty and my filet mignon was cooked just right (even though the waiter tried to talk me into having it cooked medium instead of medium well, which I declined), the only part that was just comme ci comme ça was the crème caramel, although the berries were lovely that came with it. I was disappointed that they were out of the Black Torte that was advertised on their webpage.
I didn't venture for the specials, but several colleagues did. The special was a 5 course meal with either Catfish or Kangaroo (which the people who ordered it loved), mussels, salad, soup & dessert.
The only negative I have to say about the restaurant is that the waiters placed some plates in front of the wrong people on a couple of occasions. Luckily the people being served the wrong meals didn't "dig in" before the realization was made.

2  Thank Tempestt C
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is an unassuming restaurant, in an area surrounded by a huge gym. Go in and discover an elegant restaurant, excellent food, and one of the best servers in the city! He was knowledgeable about the the menu and was not interfering when we were having conversations. We had a variety of dishes, I had duck, cooked perfectly, medium rare, my husband had flambed shrimp, one friend had the bison, one the pork cutlet, and the other the salmon. The vegetables were steamed perfectly. There were no leftovers on the plates! This is a French cuisine restaurant, so the sauces were delicious.

1  Thank Astrid C
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were a group of 26 that chose this place for a variety of reasons. Ground level parking (and lots of room) easy to get to, safe, very accomodating. For our group we needed privacy but didn't want to pay extra for a private room, we got that. We wanted top notch food, we got that. The chef and staff made sure we all had our "5" courses at the same time which wasn't an easy chore. Salad was a little weak but all the rest was delicious, the best duck i've ever had. I'd go back again.

1  Thank Chaperoneguy
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a restaurant near the Science Centre for a quick meal before a show. We saw Gini's Restaurant so pulled in to give it a try. From the parking lot, it was questionable to be honest. Once inside, we were greeted by very friendly staff and seated at a nice table by the window. The menu is clearly French and all the classics. The service was excellent and the food was quite delicious. I'm only sorry we had to rush away. We would definitely return for a romantic dinner.

1  Thank 51Packard