“Meat free spree”

Ranked #78 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Neighborhood: Garneau
Neighborhood: Garneau
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Am not vegetarian but as I discovered that the universe did not collapse when I don't eat meat - came here with a friend and really enjoyed it. Quite probably the best veggie burger I have ever had. Also the staff were friendly and genuine, pleased to be there and not just working for tips - which is great to see. Good atmosphere, good food, life is pretty awesome on the whole.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Enjoyed lunch here. Food good and all enjoyed. I had tofu scramble, which was delicious and my niece's veggie burger looked great. Will return here when I am in Edmonton again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I am vegan and have heard good things about this place so I dragged my meat-eating husband and daughter along with me to check it out on our recent visit to Edmonton. It was as hot as the Sahara in there and the water was lukewarm, but otherwise the atmosphere was nice -- really enjoyed the local art on the walls.

Some interesting menu options available and it was hard to make just one selection. I had the Spicy Bomb Burger and my husband had the Mystery Burger and they were both good, but still missing the mark a bit. My daughter ordered the Secret Burrito which was a little odd -- heavy and gooey and presented such that it was difficult to figure out how to eat it. It really could have used something green and crunchy served alongside to counteract the gooeyness of the filling, so it was kind of disappointing. We were also a little disappointed to have corn chips with our hummus rather than pita but the menu did say "chips" so I guess we were warned.

Overall, pretty good but I was hoping for a bit more considering my non-veg dates were good enough to let me drag them into a plant-based restaurant for once. I doubt I'll get them to agree to it again.

1  Thank Eskimos10
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Sit away from the door on cold days. Veggie burger was very tasty, but by far the best meal was the veggie curry. Desserts were unimpressive.

Will return again for a good meal.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good service, amazing menu. Definitely the best food I've had in Edmonton! Most things were available as Vegan if needed