“Anyone who doesn't like this hotel is crazy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Anyone who doesn't like this hotel is crazy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Over the past year, I've stayed at this hotel at least 10 times and each time I have been very happy with my room, service, and the restaurant.

Hotel is 1 year old. Staff are friendly. Breakfast special (bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast) is $6.99).

Will definitely continue to stay at this hotel when I am in Edmonton.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Red Deer, AB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2009

I was travelling to Edmonton with my daughter, and we booked this hotel because we thought it was near the Mall. I also wanted a hotel with a complimentary continental breakfast. I phoned Holiday Inn's central booking, and booked the hotel in west Edmonton - but, there are actually two in west Edmonton! I thought I was booked into the other one (which is closer to the Mall and includes a continental breakfast - and is probably cheaper!).

Anyway, we arrived at this one, which is about an easy 10-minute drive from the Mall. The service was ok, although the woman at the front desk did not know the hours of the restaurant. The room was very clean, but smelled strongly of a perfumy cleaning product. The beds were really comfortable and included 4 pillows each (two queen-size beds in the room). New flat-screen tv pleased my daughter.

The hotel supposedly included free wireless internet, but I was not able to pick up any signal in my room, which was at the far end of the hotel. The desk clerk claimed that the network was probably too busy, but I tried late into the night, and early again in the morning, and it never worked.

I thought the price of $149 was very expensive for the location.

Overall, it was fine, just not what I thought I had booked.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Lloydminster, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

Less than 2 years old. 5 minutes from West Edmonton Mall. Close to the Yellowhead. Rooms are clean. Beds are comfortable. This was my fourth stay at this hotel. Restaurant has good food and good breakfast and Is open early.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

I must not have stayed at a Holiday Inn in a while because my expectations were pretty low. This hotel was selected due to it's proximity to the Mall (turns out it was still about a 5 minute drive to get there).
The Hotel looked fairly new and the lobby was crisp and clean. When we entered our room the first thing I noticed was 4 pillows per bed, each labeled with a little tag that read 'soft' or 'firm'. Completely clean rooms, with easy and free WiFi and a flat screen tv. The bathroom was above my expectations too- huge shower head, curved shower rod and beautiful shower curtain (not the usual icky ones).
The pool area was spotless too. Warm pool with lots of space for the kids to swim!
All in all, this Holiday Inn exceeded my expectations. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tiaragirl
elk point
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

Was quoted one rate but when checked in was given another. Request to be contacted by manaager but never was. In morning asked to talk to manager again, heard him say to tell me that he's not there. Bad service, never stay here!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — no management
  • Stayed May 2008
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank travelguysugar
vernon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2008

I made a reservation at the Holiday Inn West Edmonton hotel two months in advance. I called the hotel a month in advance to check on the reservation, and was told by the first clerk to hold the line. A different clerk answered the phone and said there was no reservation at the hotel, maybe it was at the Holiday Inn 5 minutes up the road. I called Holiday Inn central registry only to find that my reservation had been cancelled seven days ago by the hotel. When they checked on it, the said that they could rebook it, but the rate now would be $60 more per night. Our reservation was for four nights.

Why was I lied to? Why did the hotel cancel my reservation? Why was I not informed? What if I hadn't checked prior to travelling? Do you want to rely on this service? Do you want to risk staying here? You be the judge!

I ended up getting passed to three different people at central registry. Was placed on hold for an extended period of time. The outcome --- wait a half hour. Central Registry came on with the hotel, they offered to rebook at the quoted rate.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Rick29
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

My stay here was an excellent one well worth the money. The hotel exterior and interior look brand new. The linen and bed was really comfortable. I asked for an extra blanket and it was brought up in good time. I was also able to get late check out without an issue. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Liked — Its newness, and quaility.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dalysmandel