Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Aladdin Motel(Edmonton)
View Hotel
All reviewsricky's restaurantroom was cleanattached restaurantwest edmontonnice hotelshort drivepool and hot tubshopping tripbusiness tripfront desk staffa wonderful stayeasy accessup to datehotel is locatedwould stay here againstayed for nightsking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We paid $200/night for the King Spa room. The room was very clean, lots of linens were provided, and the customer service was fantastic.

The breakfast buffet was excellent.

We stayed here for two nights then went to the Travelodge for the third night to save some money... what a nightmare. Pay the extra $50 and stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank ScubaDiveAddict
HIEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We were pleased to see your kind comments on the room, staff and breakfast. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all our staff.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Violet Anderson

Reviewed August 8, 2014

My mother and I stayed on our way to our long trek to Inuvik NWT. We wanted a good rest before hitting the highway, we called around and went on all the websites for price comparisons and this came up. We stayed the night and had an excellent rest. On our way back, 2 weeks later, I stayed for the night and had an even better experience, all the staff were friendly and helpful and I was able to get an awesome rest in before heading back to MB.

I would suggest this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Each room we had was comfortable, I had no preference.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your great experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will be sure pass your comments on to all our staff.

Once again, thank you for commenting on your stay.

Violet Anderson

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We made our reservations for the West Edmonton Holiday Inn and Suites a day previous to arriving. As my wife is in a wheelchair I usually phone the Hotel directly in order to request a Disabled Access room with a roll in shower. I did just that and was told that we would have a roll in shower room waiting. Once we arrived, I was told that we had a disabled access room with a bathtub and support bars only. I explained my wife's needs and the woman at the front desk kindly upgraded us to a suite which she claimed was a disabled access suite with a roll in shower and that was all they had left. Upon arriving at the room we found that it was basically a standard suite with the addition of two grab bars around the toilet. the shower definitely wasn't accessible with no grab bars and the doorways were standard.We could not get the wheelchair through the doorways to the suite bedroom or into the bathroom. Essentially, it appeared as if they had taken a standard hotel suite and added some grab bars around the toilet and called it a "Disabled Access" room.

To add to the discomfort, there was one air conditioning unit for the large suite and it appeared that no one had been in the suite for a while as it was off and the heat was stifling. Even after we had the air conditioning on for a significant amount of time it would only cool the bedroom portion. I would suggest that a second or more powerful air conditioning unit would be needed for a large suite.

We let the front desk staff know about our concerns the next morning, and they thanked us for informing them, but that was about it.

I would suggest to Holiday Inn that they be careful about what they claim a "Disabled Access" room is. We stayed in a near identical Holiday Inn in Kamloops,Bc the night before and it was properly set up with wider doorways, larger room, grab bars in the roll in shower and toilet and lower light and electrical outlets.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry to hear our disabled room did not meet your expectations. I will definitely look into how we can improve the facilities. I am sorry I did not get a chance to speak to you while you were at the hotel. I think we could have done more to improve your guest experience.
Best Regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Needed a place to crash in the middle of a business trip and this place did the trick. Quick check-in, friendly and pleasant staff, reservation all in order and into room quickly upon arrival.
First impression is good, lobby is clean, presentable, hallways clean and lit, and rooms big enough and clean all around. Bathroom was nice, couldn't hear neighbours at all, the odd voice in the hall as people walk by, but nothing that would keep you up. Bed was comfy, got a great sleep which is priority #1, wake-up call came as ordered and bill under the door in the morning was correct so took advantage of express check-out and simply walked out upon departure, perfect!
No concerns, basically your average hotel stay and what you would expect with the Holiday Inn chain.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators to reduce voices in hallway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex D

Dear Alex,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Its great to hear we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your kind comments to the rest of the team.
I hope you will consider us again on your next trip to Edmonton.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Great price, perfect location for our shopping trip and absolutely spotless!! The staff was really friendly and very catering to you needs! Would definitely recommend it and will definitely be returning!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HIEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Jessica,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I will pass along your comments to the rest of the team. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Edmonton.
Clare Janitz