Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton
  • Pool
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$139
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsricky's restaurantroom was cleanattached restaurantwest edmontonnice hotelshort drivepool and hot tubshopping tripbusiness tripfront desk staffa wonderful stayeasy accessup to datehotel is locatedwould stay here againstayed for nightsking suite
Reviewed February 28, 2014

As a family of 6 with young children we are always pleased to find a hotel that can accommodate us all. We stayed in a queen suite which had two queen beds, a sofa bed, two TV's and a very basic kitchenette. There was a pocket door to close off the bedroom area. The overall room was a decent size for how much time we actually spent there. Beds & pillows were comfortable, although I'm not sure anybody over 100 pounds would sleep well on the sofa bed! The included breakfast had a lot of variety and over our 4 days there were slight menu changes (even had bacon one morning!) There were pancakes, eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast/bagels, oatmeal - basically anything you would want. It is a few block drive to get to West Edmonton Mall, but an easy one. Lots of restaurants, shopping, and grocery stores near. The pool and fitness area were under repair while we were there, but we could have used the neighbor hotels (we didn't). I would consider again on our next Edmonton trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Edmonton for a get away and decided to stay here. I wasn't disappointed with the hotel or the rooms, everything was very clean. The staff was very friendly. I was disappointed with the location though. It's located closer to, or in, the industrial area. Not a lot of places were in walking distance, everything that is a must to see, or do, was at least a 5-15 minute drive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights the room was nice and clean staff great the pool was junk not very clean and cold compared to the rest of this place it almost seems like it was forgot over all I would stay again and hope they take care of the pool

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KluaneC
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Our room was on the 4th floor and there was four of us friends in Edmonton for a shopping / girly trip. The room was clean, beds were comfy and there was hot water for all four of us to shower in the morning! It was easy to get to and from when shopping at West Ed Mall. Staff was very friendly. Check in & check out was painless!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
HIEdmonton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Littleoneregina, Thank you for the very nice review. I am happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along the kind comments to the staff. We hope you will chose to stay with us again on your next shopping trip to Edmonton.
Best Regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at his hotel for a weekend trip to Edmonton. The hotel was clean, the staff was polite and the price was reasonable. Our room was clean but the mattress was old and very uncomfortable. I actually couldn't believe that the mattress hadn't been replaced. It sagged on both sides and you could feel the springs. The other negative was the heating system. It was so loud that I had to shut it off in order to get some sleep. I'm usually an extremely heavy sleeper but the heater was terrible. Unless they start reinvesting their profits back into the hotel (new mattresses and some maintenance) I will not be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Raydayle
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Raydayle,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am pleased to note that you were satisfied with our staff services, cleanliness and price of your stay. We strive to provide an outstanding experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry about the quality of mattress and the problem with heating system. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P