“Average hotel, expensive, noisy.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton
Ranked #22 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Average hotel, expensive, noisy.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

They have a very noisy hvac system located on the west side of hotel. The noise is high pitch and will keep you awake all night. I have stayed at this hotel about a dozen times and have pointed this out on their online surveys they email me. I have also mentioned this to the staff on my most recent stay. I asked for a manager to call me back in regard to this problem. I did not receive a response to from my request for a call back, Clearly nobody there cares. If you're looking for a good nights sleep at this hotel you may be out of luck. I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Traveller5200
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Traveller5200,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise you have experienced and for the unsatisfactory service you received from our staff. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manning, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Room was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. Only about a 10 minute drive to ghetto West Edmonton Mall. There is a restaurant at the hotel and a Tim Hortons down the block. We will stay here again while shopping in Edmonton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Booked this hotel for a 2 night stay. Bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. Small problem with the hair dryer not working but that was minor. Quiet place to stay - didn't hear any outside noises from the hallway (but maybe we were lucky!). I didn't use the pool but I checked it out - it is your standard rectangular pool with a small hot tub - nothing fancy. Too deep for me to take my toddlers (no shallow end). The parking was absolutely atrocious both nights - not the hotel's fault (some people parked in multiple spots with trailers) but there is no one monitoring the parking lot (we asked after a truck and trailer took up 10 spaces!). Very close to WEM - not walking distance but a short drive. I'd recommend this hotel for the business traveler, adult couple, or a family who is just staying there to sleep (no fun extras in the pool for kids). The fast and free WiFi, location, and value are worth staying here vs right in the mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beli32
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Clean, comfortable and quiet. Staff was courteous and helpful. Wifi worked great. AC was good too. Not much more to wish for a business trip.

This hotel is close to the west edmonton mall and right next to a car rental company. The airport is quite far but theres a shuttle service that you can purchase.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank raluene
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice and Clean - AC worked real well on the hot days - quiet

Room Tip: Breakfast not included - whats up with that
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ontario Keep it Beautiful
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nothing really special here -nice hotel, well located near the highway and my business district. Adequate restaurant for breakfast but that's about all. Lots of parking, and other eateries nearby as well as West Edmonton Mall a few miles to the south.Room was ready as promised, friendly courteous staff and easy checkkin and checkout.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days last week, and had a great experience. I had read the negative reviews before arriving, but I can honestly say that I couldn't find something to complain about if I tried! In fact, I laid in bed trying to think of something negative about the experience, and the only thing I could think of is that it was the street noise .... until I realized that I had forgotten my window open!

The rooms were honestly the cleanest I've been in (even compared with Four Seasons etc), the beds were lovely, the halls were very quiet, and the restaurant was great. I ate there every day for lunch. and had delicious meals and quick, friendly service. The girl at the front desk was sweet and very helpful, as well.

So impressed! Good job, HI Team!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business