Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$139
Union Bank Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsricky's restaurantroom was cleanattached restaurantwest edmontonnice hotelshort drivepool and hot tubshopping tripbusiness tripfront desk staffa wonderful stayeasy accessup to datehotel is locatedwould stay here againstayed for nightsking suite
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Clean, comfortable and quiet. Staff was courteous and helpful. Wifi worked great. AC was good too. Not much more to wish for a business trip.

This hotel is close to the west edmonton mall and right next to a car rental company. The airport is quite far but theres a shuttle service that you can purchase.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank raluene
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice and Clean - AC worked real well on the hot days - quiet

Room Tip: Breakfast not included - whats up with that
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nothing really special here -nice hotel, well located near the highway and my business district. Adequate restaurant for breakfast but that's about all. Lots of parking, and other eateries nearby as well as West Edmonton Mall a few miles to the south.Room was ready as promised, friendly courteous staff and easy checkkin and checkout.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days last week, and had a great experience. I had read the negative reviews before arriving, but I can honestly say that I couldn't find something to complain about if I tried! In fact, I laid in bed trying to think of something negative about the experience, and the only thing I could think of is that it was the street noise .... until I realized that I had forgotten my window open!

The rooms were honestly the cleanest I've been in (even compared with Four Seasons etc), the beds were lovely, the halls were very quiet, and the restaurant was great. I ate there every day for lunch. and had delicious meals and quick, friendly service. The girl at the front desk was sweet and very helpful, as well.

So impressed! Good job, HI Team!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank StromsB
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times before, but these last 2 times have been disasterous.

First time, I booked a king room online. Arrive at the hotel, find out its a 2 queen room, eh no big deal just wanted somewhere to sleep for the night anyways. Next morning I go to checkout, and they tell me that my room has already been checked out and that it was part of the hockey teams block of rooms. Took them an hour to straighten up that mess, and the manager saw no issues with it.

This last time. I booked a King room online once again. Arrive at the hotel to find out its 2 queens again. I ask about this and they tell me that I messed up on the reservation, even though the confirmation that I had in my hand clearly states 1 king bed. Front desk doesnt even care about this.
Fast forward to 9:30 that night, all of a sudden I hear someone trying to get into my room as Im trying to fall asleep, then I hear them outside trying to figure out why it wont open, and I hear them mention my room number. They walk away and 5 minutes later with a new key, they manage to OPEN MY ROOMS DOOR. Thank god I had the bar across the door, or they woulda walked right into my room as Im laying in bed.
Phone down to the front desk, and they are confused as to whats happening, and they tell me they gave me the wrong room, as I was trying to explain that to them at check-in.
After all this, I crawl back into bed, start dosing off again, then the Front Desk PHONES me, DEMANDING that I come down and re-sign my room contract, because of their screw up at 10:15 at night. I explain to them Im sleeping, and will re-sign in the morning, but once again they DEMANDED that I come down right away.

No one at the front desk seemed to be too worried about these other people coming into my room, or their screw up, or making me re-sign some 2 bit piece of paper that I had ALREADY signed when I first got there.

NEVER staying there again, I would rather sleep in my truck then deal with these idiots one more time.

And to think, I thought this was a nice hotel, with decent rooms, but due to staff incompetence, sorry you just lost a loyal customer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sofeor
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

sofeor,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Edmonton.

Ben J