“Nice Clean Kool”

Halifax, Canada
“Nice Clean Kool”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice and Clean - AC worked real well on the hot days - quiet

Room Tip: Breakfast not included - whats up with that
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ontario Keep it Beautiful
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nothing really special here -nice hotel, well located near the highway and my business district. Adequate restaurant for breakfast but that's about all. Lots of parking, and other eateries nearby as well as West Edmonton Mall a few miles to the south.Room was ready as promised, friendly courteous staff and easy checkkin and checkout.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days last week, and had a great experience. I had read the negative reviews before arriving, but I can honestly say that I couldn't find something to complain about if I tried! In fact, I laid in bed trying to think of something negative about the experience, and the only thing I could think of is that it was the street noise .... until I realized that I had forgotten my window open!

The rooms were honestly the cleanest I've been in (even compared with Four Seasons etc), the beds were lovely, the halls were very quiet, and the restaurant was great. I ate there every day for lunch. and had delicious meals and quick, friendly service. The girl at the front desk was sweet and very helpful, as well.

So impressed! Good job, HI Team!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank StromsB
Swan Hills
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times before, but these last 2 times have been disasterous.

First time, I booked a king room online. Arrive at the hotel, find out its a 2 queen room, eh no big deal just wanted somewhere to sleep for the night anyways. Next morning I go to checkout, and they tell me that my room has already been checked out and that it was part of the hockey teams block of rooms. Took them an hour to straighten up that mess, and the manager saw no issues with it.

This last time. I booked a King room online once again. Arrive at the hotel to find out its 2 queens again. I ask about this and they tell me that I messed up on the reservation, even though the confirmation that I had in my hand clearly states 1 king bed. Front desk doesnt even care about this.
Fast forward to 9:30 that night, all of a sudden I hear someone trying to get into my room as Im trying to fall asleep, then I hear them outside trying to figure out why it wont open, and I hear them mention my room number. They walk away and 5 minutes later with a new key, they manage to OPEN MY ROOMS DOOR. Thank god I had the bar across the door, or they woulda walked right into my room as Im laying in bed.
Phone down to the front desk, and they are confused as to whats happening, and they tell me they gave me the wrong room, as I was trying to explain that to them at check-in.
After all this, I crawl back into bed, start dosing off again, then the Front Desk PHONES me, DEMANDING that I come down and re-sign my room contract, because of their screw up at 10:15 at night. I explain to them Im sleeping, and will re-sign in the morning, but once again they DEMANDED that I come down right away.

No one at the front desk seemed to be too worried about these other people coming into my room, or their screw up, or making me re-sign some 2 bit piece of paper that I had ALREADY signed when I first got there.

NEVER staying there again, I would rather sleep in my truck then deal with these idiots one more time.

And to think, I thought this was a nice hotel, with decent rooms, but due to staff incompetence, sorry you just lost a loyal customer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sofeor
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Edmonton, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
sofeor,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Edmonton.

Ben J
IHG Care
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times since it opened, service has always been pretty good and rooms are always clean and in good shape.

The real disappointment here is the attached restaurant. I have tried it at least 4 times since I started staying here for breakfast, lunch and supper. I have yet to have a decent meal and my expectations are never high when eating at a restaurant attached to a holiday inn.

Poorly prepared eggs, tough steak and small portions all round for about the same cost as at an Earls etc.

Overall I like the hotel... But will not be trying the restaurant ever again.... Even after a long day... It's worth the drive to another place.

• Stayed February 2012
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed there 3 weeks for business. Located in the north end of 170th st which is an industrial area. You will not take a walk outside at night. But this location is ideal because you are between downtown Edmonton and only 5min away from the west Edmonton mall. Casino is also 5 min away. The gym room is ok so is the pool. I would recommand this hotel.

Food wise avoid the hotel restaurant terrible food and sloooow service. Take your car and 2min down 170th st you have tons of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012
Humboldt, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stay at H-Inns right across North America and overall have been happy with the service at H-Inn hotels but this hotel has done something that has not happened to me in over 30 years of constant travel and hundreds of hotel nights. Because my hotel stays are, for the most part business, I use the prioity points when on a personal stay, but from this hotel, they charged me the points but also charged me for the stay. I have spent six hrs over 3 months and stopped at the hotel 3 times, with all my credit card info to show that they have not re-imbured me, as they say they have, and they told me to deal with it through MC myself and the hotel has no transaction receits to show they actually did re-imburse my card. Bottom line--they screw-up and I have to try and make it right, thats no sevice at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple