“uuuh OK”
Review of Chateau Motel

Chateau Motel
Ranked #66 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our family split two rooms which seemed clean, owners seem ho-hum about your business and are minimally friendly. Carpets looked good as did the rest of the room.
It is a big hard to access, so please note, if you drive past it heading south, your best to find a place in Leduc because the next turn-off is 10+km beyond.
We paid $98, they have a sign that says $59, maybe won't book online again, not sure what $59 gets ya?
Likely find something different next time I go to Edmonton.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank WelcomeMat
There are newer reviews for Chateau Motel

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The rooms stunk like smoke and urine. When asked if we could move non smoking room, the clerk replied 'it is'. There was a stoned front desk attendant totally uninterested in us, and they threw out personal belongings accidentally left the day after we checked out. Hands down the worst hotel I've ever been to.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank Levi S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here while on a work trip, the price was very reasonable and the rooms had everything I needed to be comfortable. Very clean and worth checking into. I advise you to not stay next door at the ellerslie motel.

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank Babarras
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights and really like the room we had. We stayed in one of the basement suites. It had two bedrooms, large living room with big flatscreen tv, and big kitchen. There were a few problems. Our shower was broken and the worst was the stairs leading down to our room were unsafe. They have absolutley no drainage and there was a very bad storm going on. I slipped in the water and really hurt my ankle. I had cuts all over my legs from falling on the cement stairs and when my father went to tell them how unsfe it was the only thing they wanted to know is if i was running because they thought that was the only way someone could slip there. I was not and in fact I had my 2 year old daughter with me and when i started to go down i had to push her back onto her bum so she wouldnt fall as well.
This is a nice hotel but I'm not sure i would recommend the basement suite becuse of the unsafe stairs.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the basement suites if you have young children the stair are unsafe. Use caution i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank AnneViola
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was a very nice and comfortable hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definately would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank A K
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've been travelling for work, staying in a variety of motels, sometimes for over a week. I was so excited to see a kitchenette with the basics where I could actually cook for myself instead of buying fast food.. and a real fridge too not a bar fridge. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom clean with a one-piece tub/shower, new toilet, ceramic tile floor.. a flat screen tv up on the wall, maple furniture, air conditioning.. I only hope my next accommodations can be like this place. And thanks to the friendly staff here! I'm definitely recommending The Chateau to any of my co-workers who need a place to stay in Edmonton.. and you too!

Room Tip: I stayed in the new addition, upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Ed G
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Poor rating but cheap for the oil patch. Tiniest room I can ever remember. Clean buy cheesy. What can one expect? Arrive late. Fall asleep. The wake up call worked. Go to airport. Fly away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business