River Cree Resort and Casino
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$139
Union Bank Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungecasino attachedsmoking sectionwest edmonton mallsage restaurantfree shuttlestayed at the marriottice rinknice hotelprime riblots of free parkingnon smokingbreakfast buffetfront desk staffwest sideshort driveking room
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The rooms are the usual standard Marriott. The convention facilities for an event of just under 1,000 are perfect and the staff are excellent. The Casino is smoky so not a place for me, including the restaurants in there. The buffet restaurant is smoke free, the food is good and the prices are acceptable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel is very good if all you need is a place to sleep. If you want food (without the smell of cigarette smoke) or a view if you go for a walk, this is not e place to stay. The hotel is very nice, with excellent sized rooms and looks quite new. The big issue is once you are on the main floor, the smell of smoke is everywhere! They need to place doors between the casino and hotel that minimize the movement of smoke to the hotel and the restaurants need to be partitioned off from the casino so that the smoke does not infiltrate you when you are trying to eat.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Manager-Marriott, Manager at River Cree Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back regarding your stay.We are dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay completely. We are working towards a solution to cut down the smoking smell felt in the hotel. Please contact me directly at 780 930 2603 if I may be of further assistance.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed one night here for a wedding since the wedding was inside this hotel. The hotel is attached to a casino resort. The casino is NOT smoke free. I arrived on Sunday around 11 am but was told there was no room available at the front desk. I was confused as I told the guy that I booked through Expedia and have already paid how is there no room available for me. He proceed to explain that all the rooms got fully booked last night and nothing will open up till 1 - 5 pm today as the cleaning people have not gotten the chance to clean the rooms yet. Mind you I just got off a flight from Vancouver and really wanted to shower. The front desk offered to swipe my credit card and verified my driver license so that when I come back between 1 - 5 PM I did not have to get my credit card swiped. However, the guy stated if its not him at the front desk when I come back to check in I will still have to show my identification. Not sure what is the point of swiping my credit card and showing my driver license then. My room was average. Nothing special. It was on the second floor where the gym, pool and spa was located. You are supposed to need your key card to get on your floor however the key card system in the elevator is finicky sometimes you need a key card sometimes you do not. You also need to pay for internet. They do not tell you this when you check in. However, parking is free considering its attached to a casino it makes sense. I got a pass for two for continental breakfast - typical westernized breakfast. Also got a voucher for a $5 credit for casino slot machine.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlene H
Manager-Marriott, Manager at River Cree Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry that we didnt meet your expectations. Unfortunately we were not able to accomodate your request for early check -in due to Saturday night being sold out. Front desk was trying to do a pre check-in process by swiping your credit card in the morning. This way when you come back it cuts down the time you spend at the desk. We do try our level best to accomodate all requests. Please contact me directly at 780 930 2603 if I may be of any further assistance.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our team of 11 players, 2 coaches and 9 parents stayed at the River Cree Resort for 3 nights. I cannot say enough how great our experience was. The front desk staff were so very accommodating and willing to help in any way to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We had to be up and out of the hotel by 6:30am every morning to get to the University. The breakfast didn't start until 6am but staff didn't hesitate to come in early and open up the buffet for us to have breakfast and get out the door on time for our games. The concierge was there the morning of our departure to store our luggage with a smile on his face. The free shuttle every 30 minutes to West Edmonton Mall was a wonderful convenience for our team to head out independently to shop, eat and be entertained. The parents enjoyed the casino and Tap25 lounge with a selection of drinks and a great menu. I highly recommend staying at the River Cree if you are traveling to Edmonton. Thank You River Cree for your friendly service, helpful staff and very comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you taking the time to share your feed back regarding your stay. We are glad that your enjoyed your stay . Looking forward to welcome you & the team back .

Reviewed May 13, 2014

To celebrate our Anniversary, I wanted to do something different so I booked a night stay at the Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort. I have to say, it was nice. The hotel was well located, plenty of parking was available and the desk service was good. I had asked for early check in and when I showed up at 3pm, my room wasn't ready so they put me in another. One issue, I pre-ordered the romance package (wine and chocolate cake) and had to call because it hadn't been delivered after an hour of arrival. The room was nice. Small but clean and the view from our window was the parking lot and the city. Not great to look at until night came when you had a great view of the city lights. The bedding was comfortable, pillows were great and the bed was soft, just the way I loke it. One thing to note that I did not know, people can smoke in their rooms and in the casino. I just thought this wasn't allowed so next time, I would ask for a non smoking floor (if they do this). The food - good but pricy. I will do a seperate review on the restaurant. I have to say, we also saw a show "The Two Kings". Great value. I had front row and it cost me just over $70.00. I would go to another show anytime. Just so you know, the show is in a large tent and the seatrs kind of sucked. But, the place was packed (1000+ people) so no one seemed to care.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback reagrding your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as your anniversary. Apologize for the delay in getting the romance package to the room. Our hotel is non smoking. There is section in the casino where smoking is allowed. Please feel free to call me at 780 930 2603 if I may be of any further assistance.