I have just completed a 3 night stay at this property, selected due to its shuttle service to the WEM and the fact that it was a Marriott of which I am a Gold Elite member. An upgrade was honoured at check in.....to one of the most beautiful suites I have ever stayed in. The room was not ready when I arrived at noon so I proceeded to my business and said I would be back at 4. They assured me my luggage would be in my room when I returned. Not only was my luggage in the room, but a card from the front desk clerk who checked me in and a welcome tray of goodies - thank you Jade!
The concierge lounge is one of the few that stays open on the weekends.....and offers a spectacular assortment of hearty meals/snacks. One night they offered mashed potatoes and roast chicken and the next night they offered roast beef and rice pilaff. Delicious. Of course the usual fruit and cheese selections, desserts, full bar and beverages, baskets of chip bags and energy bars........there was hardly a need to eat anywhere else! Breakfast offered scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage each morning I was there with all of the other continental breakfast offerings.
I was actually pleased to have this option as all other restaurants are located in the casino and surprisingly they allow smoking in the casino which was an invasion to my senses having been used to it being banned for so many years. The casino is......well........a casino.......so if you don't like that environment, you may want to stay away. It's loud on the weekends and draws a crowd from outside the hotel so restaurants were pretty busy (especially the seafood buffet).
But Marriott River Cree is a great hotel property. Staff are professional and friendly, the hotel is clean and well appointed and it offers a free shuttle to WEM ( though not directly to the doors - a bus stop across the road from the mall so I did not use this in the evenings). There is also an airport shuttle service that I only found out about as I was leaving. It is run through the airport and you need reservations at least 3 hours in advance but it is only $15 vs the $65 cab ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort is a top choice among hotels near West Edmonton Mall, the airport, and downtown Edmonton. Our Edmonton hotel's locations is ideal for business and leisure travellers, as it features meeting and conference rooms, a complimentary shuttle to West Edmonton Mall, 3 restaurants, a casino, 2 NHL-sized hockey rinks, an indoor pool, and a fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Hotel Edmonton
- Marriott Edmonton
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Resort Alberta