River Cree Resort and Casino
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$139
Union Bank Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungecasino attachedsmoking sectionwest edmonton mallsage restaurantfree shuttlestayed at the marriottice rinknice hotelprime riblots of free parkingnon smokingbreakfast buffetfront desk staffwest sideshort driveking room
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Got home from a beautiful holiday in Cancun and when we returned we stayed at the River Cree Casino resort. Beautiful hotel with comfy beds. the perfect place to unwind and relax coming home from a a week of vaca. The staff where great check in was simple and nice. the kids enjoyed the pool and hotub. Still close to West Edmonton Mall and Costco across the street for any last minuts shopping.

Room Tip: All room are nice and clean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sasa5007
Manager-Marriott, Manager at River Cree Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back regarding your stay . We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hoping to see you when you are in town next time. Regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just did a little playing the machines at River Cree tonite, we live in Edm.but had company from Sk. staying at the marriot there. Seems everything was nice & clean, lobby, ect. but there was so many Christmas parties going on this Sat. eve. which made for a very a noisy nite with too many people having a bit to much to drink..However the real down fall came when we went to "Taps" for supper. Seems everyone else's food was ok but the fish( in my fish & order) $17.00 pls tx. was so over done I could not eat it. I did not want to complain to the staff as we were there with other people, also the taramiso is not what I know it to be. I may dine there again but will certainly not have the fish again or that dessert.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager-Marriott, Manager at River Cree Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience you had with your dining experience. Please contact me directly at 780 930 2603 at your convenience. I'll definitely share your feed back with our culinary team. Thank you again for your feed back & hoping to see hear from you.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Perfectly fine generic chain hotel with large clean rooms in an out of the way location. Its part of a casino complex so that's pretty much the only reason you'd want to stay here (other than an on-site conference) as its 30 minutes from the airport or downtown.

If you are stuck on-site and a non-smoker you're not going to have fun. The smoke from the gambling floor drifts throughout most of the common areas and especially the restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank misterbitterpants

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back regarding your stay. We appreciate your feed back. I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the smoke smell. Hoping to see you sometime in future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed here one night for a business trip in Edmonton with a colleague. The rate was just $10 more than a 3 star hotel, so figured we would take advantage of it.

It was a Monday night, I wasn't aware that the place was a casino as well. Staff was friendly, check in quick and efficient. Rooms were clean and pretty nice.

We opted to have dinner at the buffet and I was quite impressed for what $21 got.

I'm not a casino person and the entire hotel is around the casino - where is the restaurant? In the casino. Where is the bar? In the casino. Where can I smoke? In the casino.

Not a big deal, I probably would have done a lot more research if this was a personal trip - but for me I like a nice quiet drink in a lounge when I'm in a hotel. As mentioned the bar was smack in the middle of the casino. As mentioned - just not my thing...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager-Marriott, Manager at River Cree Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back regarding your stay . We do have a restaurant (Kitchen Bistro) which is located in the hotel just before the entrance to the casino where you can have drinks. Hoping to see you some time in future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a very good hotel to stay at. I like it since it had A casino is in the hotel that was nice. The rooms were were good size and clean didn't have any problems. the staff was very nice and help you with what every you need with. The breakfast buffet was good. The parking was free and had a place to plug in the car. I would stay again when travel in Canada.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank freedumusa

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back regarding your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hoping to see you next time when you are in Edmonton.