It was blizzarding upon arrival and it was dark out and we had a little trouble finding where to check in,but we were helped by a doorman at the arival destination and he was very friendly and informative.the smiling lady at the arrival desk was very pleasant and we were on our way up to our room in no time,after parking the car across the road.
we got in our room, a little small with a dresser,with tv on top,a king bed,settee and end tables and a tiny bathroom as in a super 8,and a miny fridge on the floor and got settled in and decided to stay in the room as it was getting late and watch tv,the wife had her Ipad and wanted to play her bingo game but could not get hooked up so she phoned down to get the password and it turns out you have to pay another $15.95 per day for this service,on top of the $189.95 plus taxes of $17.21,I said they had rocks in thier head so they gave us the first night free.
In the room there was coffee we could make one cup at a time, but was the worst swill I have had in recent history and the brand was Starbucks so we decided to go down for breakfast.
The room had a breakfast smorg promo (the online ad said $25.00 value but the menu sad $16.95 ,so in the morning we went down around 8:30 and did not have a big lineup se we ordered our beverages and went up to see what they had, some small cereal bowls of fruit and sparse cold cuts(3 choises)3 pieces of cheese per kind(3),kind of shriveled.
The hot food were browned potatoes and a corned beef hash, there was a chef making omlets,then back bacon in water,(yuk),crisp side bacon and sausage.
Back at the table we sat down to a slightly better cup of coffee,still starbucks,(I find Starbucks is over roasted and taste burned and bitter,I buy Nabob Columbian and has a pleasant smell and taste). We made our own toast.
The waiter was very attentive and came back several times to check on us and take away our plates. The food was very good.
In the evening we decided to checkout the Casino. My wife walked in and sat down at a slot machine, put in $20 and got back $132 first push,pretty good! We walked around a bit hoping for some music but there wasn't any,just lots of people smoking,we don't. So back to the room for more tv.
The second morning we had a better Idea of how every thing worked,except the coffee in the room,I experimented but could not get the coffee to taste better then swamp water,so back to the restraunt, and we got our food quicker and got to eat it while it was still all warm.
Check out went smooth ,had to dig the car out of a snowbank,snowed 4 inches that night,loaded up and headed for more shopping before heading home.
All in all it was an OK stay but not memerable so would likely stay somewhere else next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort is a top choice among hotels near West Edmonton Mall, the airport, and downtown Edmonton. Our Edmonton hotel's locations is ideal for business and leisure travellers, as it features meeting and conference rooms, a complimentary shuttle to West Edmonton Mall, 3 restaurants, a casino, 2 NHL-sized hockey rinks, an indoor pool, and a fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Hotel Edmonton
- Marriott Edmonton
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Resort Alberta