The 3 Rating is for the hotel which is fine. Reception is efficient and friendly. Rooms are comfortable. The downside is that the hotel is attached to the casino and the smoke smell at reception is fairly strong and that is a couple hundred feet away from hte casino. Rooms do not smell of smoke.
The casino air is worse than any bingo hall I've ever been in. Felt like I was near a forest fire. There must be no ventialtion. This would be fine with me but the everything is open to the casino : the restaurants, the bar, the hotel lobby.
Actually not everything is open to the casino. The "showroom" called The Venue is not open to the casino. It is not even attached to the main building. It is a tent and you have to go outside to get to it. Not a great thing when it is -20 degrees C. You also sit on folding chairs that are jammed together and have to buy drink tickets and then get drinks at protable "bars". Poor selection of drinks. In all a low class operation.
Bottom Line : Never going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort is close to the airport and downtown Edmonton. This Edmonton hotel features complimentary shuttle to West Edmonton Mall, 3 restaurants, a casino, 2 NHL-sized hockey rinks, indoor pool, and fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Hotel Edmonton
- Marriott Edmonton
- Edmonton Marriott At River Cree Resort Alberta