“Birthday Stay”

Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort
Ranked #38 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great hotel with caring employees who take the e xtra time to make our stay more special. The upgrade was exceptional. The view is beautiful of city centre. The extra touches (birthday card, birthday wishes from employees) thank you. Staff is always there to help when needed and very pleasant. Thank you for making my husbands 55th birthday unforgettable. Great time and we'll see you on our next special occasion. Your hotel has it all-casino, resturants, view, spacious clean rooms, caring staff, and close to shopping. Keep up the great work. Marriot should be very proud of this hotel in Enoch.

Room Tip: rooms on 8 and 9th are quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Love this hotel, the staff is super helpful, the pool is amazing, so close to great shopping and the food is excellent! The rooms are spacious and comfortable and even though the hotel is busy it still feels like your the only one there. The casino is fun but there is so much more to it... Will be the choice place to stay for our families stays in Edmonton !!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We just got back from this hotel and if you are traveling with kids this is not the place for you. There is limited food choices for families as the resteraunt is in the casino and the staff is not knowledgeable nor helpful when it comes to questions about making your stay a pleasant one. Also it is quite far to get to any amenities you may want to visit. We also felt a bit unsafe as security felt the need to be constantly patrolling hallways of the hotel, although we did see questionable people in the lobby so it was a bit comforting that they kept an eye in things
Unless you are gamblers without kids I would not reccomend this hotel if you are visiting the Edmonton area

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a large hotel on the far western edge of town, with a casino accessible from the lobby. The rooms are reasonably nice, and the hotel has a nice first nations decor theme with teepees lining the approach. The buffet restaurant is good. As other reviewers have mentioned, the cigarette smoke from the casino contaminates the lobby, but not the upper floors. You should know that you can't walk anywhere from here, it is to the west of the major ring road around Edmonton. The views are of windswept fields, and Edmonton in the distance. The long, long corridors can be noisy. If you are passing through town and want to stay on the ring road with a little touch of rural Alberta's imitation of Vegas, this is a good place. Avoid it if you are trying to stop smoking or gambling!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Calgaryfamily65
Reviewed March 10, 2012

If you have not been to a hotel lately that allows indoor smoking, then you will be shocked at how prevalent the smell of cigarette smoke is, even in areas that are supposedly smoke-free. I went for a preview tour as we were considering this as an event location and had to cross it off the list because of the smell of smoke.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank pengAB
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My room in the hotel had a great view. Other than that, it was so-so but did keep up with Marriott's standard. No surprises, everything was tidy and clean with an 'average' impression but there's also nothing bad. The furniture and electric appliances were classy but nothing fancy. Good for the average businessmen and those who do not expect too much of a luxury. Service was also so-so. My room was supposed to be a triple-occupancy but only two water-glasses were provided.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank CityJudge
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I cannot begin to say enough about how amazing the staff at this hotel are!!! My husband and I travel a lot, and are loyal to the Fairmont hotel chain. Wherever we are in the world, we always check if there is a Fairmont to stay at. I am in Edmonton on a business trip and my boss suggested I stay at the River Cree, which made me apprehensive at first.

I arrived late the night before the conference and was given the only king bed left in the hotel, which happened to be directly across from the fitness facility. I went back to the front desk and asked if I could be moved to a quieter room as I am in the middle of fighting a cold. The front desk staff apologized as this was the only room with a king bed left but if I was willing to take a room with two doubles I could be moved to the top floor. I was completely fine with that as I would be sleeping alone. Then, the front desk gentleman told me he gave me access to a concierge room that offered complimentary breakfast, afternoon snacks, and a variety of beverages and an honesty bar. How thoughtful. I never ended up using this room as I was busy with the conference.

The next day I had to leave the conference to sleep as I started getting sicker, I went back to my room to sleep. When I woke up a few hours later I ordered chicken noodle soup from room service. Room service came within 15 minutes. The young gentleman told me to feel better and call the front if I needed anything at all (as I sounded extremely congested). 10 minutes later there was an unexpected knock on my door. It was the same room service guy, with a tray filled with assorted teas, lemon wedges, containers of honey, a huge pot of hot water, a mug, bottle of water and ginger ale. I was soooooo blown away by this incredible act of kindness and thoughtfulness. I had never asked for any of this but greatly appreciated the hot tea. Later a manager called to make sure my room service was ok! Wow! I have stayed at wonderful hotels in Monaco where I did not receive this level of service.

Also this hotel is incredibly clean and well kept. I am a clean freak and I was not worried staying here. The beds are very comfortable. This hotel is on the west end of Edmonton. Key access is also required to get on to the hotel floors as there is also a casino attached. I felt very safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business